UPMC NORTHWEST

PGHSCANNERWACKER1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
178
Reaction score
97
Location
Pittsburgh pa

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
379
Reaction score
108
Location
Oil City, Venango County, PA
I live 3 miles away from NW. They do have a DMR system but the way the antenna system is setup it can only be heard on property and very close. Last time I checked the main repeater was still setup in mixed mode as my fire dept still has access to talk to security in analog. I have not had the time to sit in the parking lot and gather any info yet.
 

PGHSCANNERWACKER1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
178
Reaction score
97
Location
Pittsburgh pa
I live 3 miles away from NW. They do have a DMR system but the way the antenna system is setup it can only be heard on property and very close. Last time I checked the main repeater was still setup in mixed mode as my fire dept still has access to talk to security in analog. I have not had the time to sit in the parking lot and gather any info yet.
Thank you for that information.
 

alexguf

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
24
Location
Montandon,pa

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
379
Reaction score
108
Location
Oil City, Venango County, PA
Does the UPMC med AVC copters use the same frequency including the Muncy UPMC copter
Not sure what you're asking, UPMC doesn't have any helicopters that I'm aware of. StatMedevac and AGH Lifeflight are the main helicopters that serve the area. They generally coordinate landing on the pad thru Statcom over the phone. My fire dept used to handle 2nd lzs there but UPMC installed a gate on the ER road and they let them use that now for when the pad is full. We've also put them on the grass hill above by behavioral health and in the parking lot when it was empty. That was about the only time they used radios for the choppers was 2nd lz to the fire dept.

The UPMC system is used for security, and I'm not sure if there are any other users on it inside the facility.
 

13818

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
134
Reaction score
61
Location
Lycoming County, PA
Working with our security at UPMC North Central, they are running Motorola R7's. The plan is/was that UPMC security HQ, in PGH or wherever it's located, would be able to talk to any UPMC campus security team in the future over MOTOTRBO IP. I'm not sure where they are at on that goal, but imagine that would mean every campus security team would have some kind of DMR radio.

LifeFlight their own licensed system. I believe Stat Medivac does as well, but we usually talk over Med channels. Beyond Security, Public Safety channels in ED, and paging, idk if UPMC utilizes any other RF radios. Intrahospital locally is handled locally via a Vocera system.
 
Top