Usage Question!

nhfdcadet

GCT-1
Premium Subscriber
I suppose the low power explains why I can hear the STOCS frequencies keying up but nothing but dead air here in Litchfield County. I've never heard any actual traffic.
for the most part, Litchfield county isn't going to use STOCS just because almost everybody is on VHF, minus like two towns. And everybody has all the LCD scene channels. Large scale incidents may bring in a stocs box or other unit with similar capabilities, but few and far between.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would wonder if the STOCs in LCD territory may become more useful if towns do not buy dual band radios. You could get some on 800 and some on VHF.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
for the most part, Litchfield county isn't going to use STOCS just because almost everybody is on VHF, minus like two towns. And everybody has all the LCD scene channels. Large scale incidents may bring in a stocs box or other unit with similar capabilities, but few and far between.

Out here, we're on VHF, UHF, 800 Phase I, CLMRN, 33mhz ... we still don't use STOCS. The MCV does a great job patching when called out.