USB mini cable angle adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to locate a right angle adaptor for the USB mini cable that plugs into the side of my WS-1088. Can anyone advise which adaptor I should order and where it may be ordered from? Thanks in advance for your help.
jimg

Swipesy

Amazon
OEM SKN6182a Motorola mini-USB EMU Angle Port Adapter
(111009099454)

They have right and left angle so be sure to order the one you want. They look identical except for right or left.

DJ11DLN

Amazon
OEM SKN6182a Motorola mini-USB EMU Angle Port Adapter
(111009099454)

They have right and left angle so be sure to order the one you want. They look identical except for right or left.
I've been looking for something like that too. Unfortunately all I could find was replacement cables with angled mini-b tips. And the angles put the cable either down or up when connected to a Whistler scanner...I wanted one to make it go towards the rear of the scanner. I use a couple of GRE800-type units in deep phone holders as mobiles and I'd like to get the cable tucked in a little better. That adapter does exactly the same thing as the cables I found do.

EDIT: I just tried a search on Amazon for "mini-B down angle adapter" and found the item below. Unfortunately you get one of each angle and can't really choose what you want. Also unfortunately there was only one in stock...and I got it. But more will be available July 19. For $5.99 I guess I can waste the one that won't do what I want.:cautious:

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I've been looking for something like that too. Unfortunately all I could find was replacement cables with angled mini-b tips. And the angles put the cable either down or up when connected to a Whistler scanner...I wanted one to make it go towards the rear of the scanner. I use a couple of GRE800-type units in deep phone holders as mobiles and I'd like to get the cable tucked in a little better. That adapter does exactly the same thing as the cables I found do.
You need an Up or Down angle cable.
Here's an Amazon link that allows you to select up or down and I think, length.

The price on the ones I linked are crazy though. I know there are much cheaper options as I've bought them before for about $5 per cable or less but this may give you some ideas.

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

Yep!

Watch the price though. I noticed what I linked was crazy high. I've bought left/right and up/down for about $5 per cable somewhere on Amazon or eBay before.
I looked at those and almost clicked as the 1.5' length would be perfect to reach the lighter plug/power port/whatever adapters from where they're both mounted (car and pickup)...and then I saw the price. o_O I'll stick with what I found above, even having to throw away the incorrect ones it's still a lot cheaper.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I looked at those and almost clicked as the 1.5' length would be perfect to reach the lighter plug/power port/whatever adapters from where they're both mounted (car and pickup)...and then I saw the price. o_O I'll stick with what I found above, even having to throw away the incorrect ones it's still a lot cheaper.
Ha, I missed the link you had added!

FrensicPic

Premium Subscriber
I really like Startech.com products...good selection and good quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.