usb programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileguy

It detecs the cable when i plug it in go and instale everything after that it dont detect the usb any more and i go into my WIN 95 and it wont load anything to my scaner any help

Bentley

You probably have the com port setting wrong....try using COM 4 ... in Win95 the com port setting can be found under the configuration menu, then select serial port from the drop down menu.

If COM port 4 doesnt work, then start off at number 1 and do a test download, then go to number two and test download, number 3 and so on ans so forth until you find the correct com port.

Scar

some computers have 2 USB ports...if available, try the other port.

Echoing what Bentely said, try the other comm ports. I also experienced some technical difficulties until comm port 4 was selected. Every system is different, but number 4 worked for me.

Good luck!

I just installed my USB cable yesterday and had the same problem. With the usb cable pluged in. Try this, Open Control panel,go to System,then Hardware,Click on Device manager then go to Ports( Com & LPT) it should show you what port is set for USB serial port. Go back to Win95 and set the Com port. ( Mine is Com 5.)

reptileguy

mine was 4. i have to unlock my thing now cuz my son was messing with it and im trying to put his bed together for his bday im going nuts

ernesTbud

was the screen showing receiving while you were downloading and was the usb cable flashing showing txd or rxd

MacombMonitor

reptileguy said:
It detecs the cable when i plug it in go and instale everything after that it dont detect the usb any more and i go into my WIN 95 and it wont load anything to my scaner any help

USB support in Win95 is very poor. Time to update the computer. Just read that Microsoft is ending support for Win98 too!

seamusg

reptileguy said:
my computer is new maybe i have the wrong program then i have windows xp
You have the right program if you're trying to program a PRO 95. I think Bill didn't read the post completely.

OkRob

It sounds like the correct comm port is not selected in your Win95 program configuration. If you'll read the posts up above on checking in Device Manager to see what port your USB cable is configured for, it should get you going.

If not, post more details of what steps you're actually doing within Win95 to upload your data and someone should be able to help more.

- Rob

reptileguy

i have port 4 thats the only port it will work on i did not go thourgh all 260. i have enable read back test checked. i click upload to scaner screen comes up and syays writing data/writing to scaner scanner still says clone mode thetxd and rxd lights do not blink only when i hook it up to the scanner

MacombMonitor

seamusg said:
You have the right program if you're trying to program a PRO 95. I think Bill didn't read the post completely.

Yup! That's what happened, I misunderstood the post. To us old computer guys, Win95 stood for Microsoft's Windows 95. I forgot about Don Starr's Win95 scanner software for the PRO-95 scanner. DOH! :confused: Sorry. :cool:

OkRob

Reptileguy, are you looking in your Device Manager to make sure the correct Comm Port with your cable hooked up is Comm 4? To help make sure, find the setting in your Device Manager, it should look like the attached image. If it says Comm 4 and you have Comm 4 set in your Win95 program configuration, then you have something else going on.

- Rob

Attachments

• USB_cable_port.jpg
    USB_cable_port.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 312

reptileguy

Thank you OKROB i had to uninstall and redo some stuff i know some stuff about computers but could not find the stuff i needed on my new laptop got it working now thanx for everyones help

OkRob

Great, now programming your Pro-95 will be much easier. It's a great radio too.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.