USCG Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Good opportunity to log some of those national LE channels and USCG channels.

Coast Guard to hold mass rescue drill on Delaware Bay | The News Journal | delawareonline.com

The Coast Guard and other agencies will conduct a mass rescue operation exercise Wednesday on the Delaware Bay.
Officials said the drill is designed to simulate a mass rescue that might overwhelm normal capabilities.
The drill, involving state and local agencies as well as private interests, will take place at 1 p.m.

bs369

USCG exercise

Was in Lewes today and did'nt hear anything on the Federal or USCG setup on my HP-1. I did have my old marine vhf portable with me scanning the CG VHF freqs and there was plenty of tfc. Anyone else hear anything? I was hoping to hear some of the 162.xxx freqs but zilch. Also plenty of tfc on HP-1 DE Public Safety. Had it set to 30 mile range.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I was out all day away from radios but co-worker said he saw two CG choppers
near upper Bay not far from Smyrna late this morning.
Drill may have been up that way or they postponed due to weather.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
The drill did take place. One of the Cape May Lewes Ferry was the boat in trouble. They had a mock fire in the engine room with a collaps of the car deck, people hurt and people in the water simulation. They then had land based ops at the USCG TRACEN with mass casualty triage using USCG Fire department, Cape May Fire/EMS, Atlanticare ALS units and some others. They used recruits as injured people. Most ops were on marine 21, 81, 83. Land based was using JEMS 3 and USCG Fire 1. There was suppose to be gov. agencies involved but did not see any or hear any.

Status
Not open for further replies.