DSDPlus User-friendly UI for DSDplus/FMP24 scanner - please answer if it already exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1ded

I think the ones who have asked have received the file.
Working on the getting the differences of your scanlist files worked out.
Anyone else who wants a copy email me k1ded at comcast.net
The scanlist should be formatted as follows
frequency<tab key once)Mode(fm,p25, etc)<tab key once>Delay=xx<tab key once>frequency name
Make sure when you save it it has .scanlist not.scanlist.txt
Trying to get some scanlist files and then work on parsing them differently for multiple configs.

air-scan

I think what some really really would like is to run it on one executable then have a built in editor for all the files that pertain to each type of system DSD+ FL can handle without the need to run 4 executables. Maybe you can hand over the GUI to DSD+ FL team for proper integration.
A fine example would be a derivative work from a software called SAM Broadcaster. It is one complete program with modules. One executable can run several modules at once at the user's demand in one interface. This seems more of what like DSD+ FL is. It should be ran as one executable with different modules for each type of hardware it is compatible with.

Something to think about.

k1ded

Sounds like a plan, It would be nice to run 1 exe for everything.
Something I was going to look at.
Get in touch with me,
K1ded at comcast.net

k1ded

Here yah go, See link below

Just run the setup and install my program, Start FMP24 and DSD plus
Run my Program, It will ask for your FMP24 scanlist file. If you do not want to use one then continue on.
I have included mine that you can edit, Remember there is a tab between each row.
Scanlist file is where DSDPlus gets the frequency to scan pressing "s" in DSDplus window start a scan or use scan on my program.
Also you can minimize all the windows FMP24 scope DSDplus, You might have to set a focus on one of the windows, Just reopen and minimize it.
Let me know if you have any problems.
Let me know if you were able to download it.
http://www.windgust.com/scanner

Donations welcome PAYPAL ncruz2004@comcast.net

k1ded

@k1ded,
Did or is possible you test it with the DSDfree version?
I do use TCP linking, Not sure if the free version of DSDFree has TCP linking.
Have not tried it with FMP. Let me know if you get it working. The to making the tags work is formating
the FMP24 or FMP scanlist correctly

k1ded

Have not tried it with FMP. Let me know if you get it working. The to making the tags work is formating
the FMP24 or FMP scanlist correctly
If I have time this weekend I will try and test it with DSDfree, Trying to get an update out with some fixes and possibly a few new features. Working on Power button to launch all files needed and power on scanner at same time and hopefully hide all the DSD and FMP stuff

slicerwizard

Assuming you mean "free version of DSDPlus", it does. Straight from the help file:

Input/Output options:
-i<spec> Input audio device (1-255) and channel (M/L/R) [-i1M]
-i<[addr:]port> FMP TCP link IPv4 address and port number

DRL-XM43

It is working great for me.

A couple of wrinkles in my setup are.

You have to format the scanlist exactly as the sample (proper tabbed columns)
I have to minimize the FMP24 spectrum window
Start the scan from the application

Once the scan starts it works perfectly for me (I use the original version).

jmayson

Database Admin
This is sort of an aging thread, but I'll chime in. I have my tablet working the way I want and primarily use DSDPlus for trunking. I use a variety of PowerShell scripts to manage the systems I monitor.

I'm hoping this upcoming weekend I'll have some good screenshots and video of how my setup works. I also plan to document it on my website. I'll share the links here.

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
I can't wait to see it. I like DSD, but I'd love to get it set up on a tablet.

This is sort of an aging thread, but I'll chime in. I have my tablet working the way I want and primarily use DSDPlus for trunking. I use a variety of PowerShell scripts to manage the systems I monitor.

I'm hoping this upcoming weekend I'll have some good screenshots and video of how my setup works. I also plan to document it on my website. I'll share the links here.

Status
Not open for further replies.