DSDPlus User-friendly UI for DSDplus/FMP24 scanner - please answer if it already exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

scriptguru

Spy Satellite
Premium Subscriber
Finally the first working version (tested on a 8" tablet running Windows)

Basically all it can do is to control the control channel (input frequency, change step, make step in either direction, change bandwidth, change gain).

However, it finally makes a tablet useful for DSD+ making it a mobile digital speech decoder.

I've tried running it without a power bank (so that the tablet powers the RTL-SDR dongles) and it worked fine. The tablet estimated that it can work in this mode for 1.5-2 hours, which means powerbank is required for prolonged use (use a powered USB hub to connect a power bank).

scriptguru

Spy Satellite
Premium Subscriber
There are two ways running the UI - you can just run the executable file, or you can install AutoIt and make it execute ui.au3 script.
The UI is missing some functions (like start/stop Scan), they are going to be added later.
Everyone is welcome to customize/improve the UI and make pull requests if you feel they should be included into the main version.
AutoIt is not very flexible language, but pretty simple to use. It should be easy to add some functionality when you have a working application where you can just add tabs/buttons/labels and make them do what you want.

Note: the UI sends keystrokes to FMPx/DSD windows in a funny way - it focuses the window where it wants to send keystrokes, sends the keystrokes, and then focuses the UI window again. It means that you might see some window flickering on some actions - it's not a bug.
I've tried to make it work in a more elegant way (using ControlSend()) but it didn't work for me (I've tried multiple ways doing that). Still the current approach works well unless you press buttons so fast that it interferes with keystrokes sending.

scriptguru

Spy Satellite
Premium Subscriber
A few notes on the release.
I've tested the UI using the startup script posted by Annunaki
Code:
START FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -P0.0 -f851.0375
timeout /t 1
START FMP24 -rv -i2 -o20002 -P0.0
timeout /t 1
START DSDPlus -rc -fa -E -i20001 -v4 -O NUL
timeout /t 1
START DSDPlus -rv -fa -E -i20002 -v4 -O NUL

Then I started the UI.
The UI is looking for a particular window by title. Currently it's looking for "FMP24 CC" but this can be easily changed by editing config.ini
There are also other things that can be changed by editing the config.ini:
- button font size
- "screen" font size
- "screen" font face
"Screen" is the area where the frequency is being displayed.
Button font size is also used for UI labels used for gain/bandwidth/step display

I'm going to test it with freeware DSD+ when I have time, but everyone is welcome to do that end post the results before I do.

scriptguru

Spy Satellite
Premium Subscriber
The exact tablet model I'm using is
Onda V80 Plus Tablet PC
8.0 inch
Windows 10 + Android 5.1
Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 64bit Quad Core 1.44GHz
2GB RAM
32GB ROM
IPS Screen
Bluetooth 4.0
Cameras

It's a 64-bit model running 64-bit OS.
The UI can be compiled for either 32-bit or 64-bit version. I'm not sure which version is uploaded currently because I've compiled it without defining architecture specifically.

scriptguru

Spy Satellite
Premium Subscriber
You're welcome, I hope it's useful.
I'll probably create a separate post dedicated to the release of the first version of the UI so that more people could have a chance to check it out.

k1ded

You're welcome, I hope it's useful.
I'll probably create a separate post dedicated to the release of the first version of the UI so that more people could have a chance to check it out.
I have already written a scanner type interface I would be willing to share. There is no trunking in my area so for now I have it working with FMP24 DSDPLUS fastlane. The gui looks like a scanner.It uses the FMP24.scanlist file tab delimiter for the info section.
So far from some of testers I have had use it, it has worked great. I have not trapped all the errors. I have written it in VB.NET
I am willing to share the source code, The TCP linking can do with some improvements.
I am parsing the title bar of FMP24 and DSDPLUS.
Email me if anyone would like to try it. I have attached a pic of the GUI
It will scan all the frequencies in your FMP24 scanlist file and stop when the channel is active. Then resume scanning when the channel clears. I have put in a lot of hours on this, not sure how much more
I will do to it. This was made for a few of my friends who wanted a little scanner interface, So I made them one.
k1ded comcast.net

scriptguru

Spy Satellite
Premium Subscriber
It looks great and I bet it works very well too.
I think everyone would benefit if you'd publish it on the Github and post the link.
It's amazing how quickly we went from 0 to 3 UIs for DSD+, at some point we'll probably want to create a page which lists all of them.

hamradionl

@k1ded,
Very, very nice looking UI frontend, yes its lot lots of work it be nice if user do some (small) donation for the efforts you all make.
It is working with the free FMP ?
If so, i am interested to beta test

k1ded

Working with the free FMP I have not tried that one. It should work.
You do not need the scanlist file, But I would use it.
It allows for the freq info to work..
I will include mine with the install for a template.
No Manuel yet, so if you get stuck you will have ask for help.
It also has an option to set the LCD back color and font size.
Hamradionl if you want to try it just email me and I will send a copy.
k1ded at comcast
I will add it to my ftp server and post for all who want it in a few days.
My next thing to add is the trunking side, control channel stuff.
Many other options I have not mentioned. Working on channel lockouts now. I sometimes like to stop a particular
frequency from scanning.
If anyone can code in vb.net I can share the code with you. Maybe get some coding help.
Time for me right now is hard to come by. So updates are a little slow to get done.
I will keep everyone informed of any new updates or features.

k1ded

I have some emails from some people who want a copy of the software. I will get it out to you tonight. Sorry for the delay been real busy at work . Maybe this afternoon if I can catch a break.

hamradionl

@k1ded,
I test them all, best one i keep using ;)
Possible you post 2x or 3x times more total 4/5 post messages, so able to send PM messages

k1ded

All of you that have asked, I have sent the program to you.
If I missed you email me again.

Email me with any questions, I need to get a manuel made soon.
This does not work with control channels yet, I just got my 2nd RTL to incorporate that.
Can you program VB.net, Looking for some help with coding.
Hope all works well Enjoy, More to come
Email me if you would like a copy to test k1ded at comcast.
Send Ideas, bug reports to kided at comcast.net

Jerry, Doug Mark you have mail

DRL-XM43

All of you that have asked, I have sent the program to you.
If I missed you email me again.

Email me with any questions, I need to get a manuel made soon.
This does not work with control channels yet, I just got my 2nd RTL to incorporate that.
Can you program VB.net, Looking for some help with coding.
Hope all works well Enjoy, More to come
Email me if you would like a copy to test k1ded at comcast.
Send Ideas, bug reports to kided at comcast.net

Jerry, Doug Mark you have mail

Don't know why k1 - it didn't come through?
Doug

hamradionl

@k1ded,
You need to post 2x more messages or replys in this topic, than you able to send or receive PM in this forum.

Sorry to scriptguru, hijack your topic

Status
Not open for further replies.