Using F-Connectors with 50 Ohm RG8

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Is there a difference between "Belden" and "Belden Wire and Cable". I looked on the wire and cable world catalog and couldn't find that tool.

My search skills may be lacking though.

Thanks
Joel

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Done. Read 'em and weep:
Yeahhhh
Looks about right, no flaring tools.

A question remains if Belden (the cable people) know that others are selling tools with what looks like their name on them, implying that they are appropriate.

I just emailed them for more information, this is too important (to me) to just let slide.

Thanks
Joel

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
A question remains if Belden (the cable people) know that others are selling tools with what looks like their name on them, implying that they are appropriate.
Belden's marketing department probably figured out that they could license their name and trademark to people selling products related to Belden's product line. Lots of money in trademark licensing.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Belden's marketing department probably figured out that they could license their name and trademark to people selling products related to Belden's product line. Lots of money in trademark licensing.
Well, if and when I get a reply I'll post the results.

Thanks
Joel

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
Well, if and when I get a reply I'll post the results.

Thanks
Joel
It’s not specifically a Belden, product, they acquired many companies like T&B, PPC and Cable Pro, which already had that item.