BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Using GPS cable option

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdp278

Feed Provider
When using the GPS cable option, and traveling from point A to point B, do I have to program specific cities or county sites along my route that I may want to monitor, or can I just turn location on option, set the service type I wish to hear along my route (FD's only), turn on full database, and will the scanner load up those sites as the GPS goes thru each area?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
When using the GPS cable option, and traveling from point A to point B, do I have to program specific cities or county sites along my route that I may want to monitor, or can I just turn location on option, set the service type I wish to hear along my route (FD's only), turn on full database, and will the scanner load up those sites as the GPS goes thru each area?
As long as the GPS is hooked up and working (recognized by the scanner), and you have set it to use the full database, the only other thing you might consider doing is tweak the range setting. Remember that the "range", as used by the scanner to consider which systems to turn on or off, along with when and where, is based on the range setting in the scanner, along with the range of the system as defined in the RadioReference database. So, if you are using a Range setting of 10 on the scanner, you would hear systems that are within a distance of that shown in the database, plus ten miles. Example- If a system had a range shown of twenty five miles, the GPS would enable it whenever you were within 35 miles of it (25 mile range of the system, plus the ten on the scanner). See How it Works: Location, Location, Location

There is no need to program a specific Favorites list for the trip inless you also needed to scan specific systems or channels not currently in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.