Using Priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
The answer to my question is NO according to your quote below:

rdale said:
If the user sets priority on a talkgroup that the Motorola Type II system administrator also designated as priority, the PSR500/600 will leave a talkgroup transmission in progress for a prioritized talkgroup.
*I'm not arguing that*. I've known that for a while now. What I was saying is that it won't interrupt a TG in systems that do NOT use the "Priority Scan" feature set by the administrator. Even the manual states that.

Re-read my earlier posts. Maybe my choice of words and explanations is what confused you. When I said "built-in", "scanner user configurable" and "NOT related to the system dependent Motorola low-speed data priority", that's what I meant, not relying in the trunked system's own Priority feature and the behavior the OP was seeing and asking about in the first post of this thread.

Maybe the second post from this thread explained it better and I should've left it at that:

wnjl said:
From what I've read it only interrupts convos on Motorola Analog systems which have the priority feature enabled on the certain talkgroups you have selected as priority. In all other systems in my experience, convos are not interrupted for priority, but once the current convo is finished, before moving onto the next system on the scan list, it will check your priority talkgroups and go to one if it has activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.