v-scannerfolder

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill44

i am try to load v-scanner folder # 8 for ks & #12 for mo followed all the steps but it keeps going to destatewide vs # 17 what am i doing wrong
thanks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
You can only Load one V-Folder at a time. If you load KS #8 then load MO #12, 12 will replace KS in the working folder (main scanner).

List 17 in V-Folder 12 is Knox Pigeon and Forge
List 17 in V-Folder 8 is the OK Broken Arrow system

bill44

v folder

i am trying just one vs 8 or vs 12 with sl 9 for vs12 no mater what i get vs 17 sl1
bill

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Apparently you currently have vs 17 in the scanner working memory. Default scanlist in all 20 vs's is 1. DEStatewide is in scanlist 1 of vs 17 so you have not completed the steps for loading vs 8 or 12.

As follows:
1. FUNC
2. PGM
3. Softkey F1 (LOAD)
4. Down 8 times to AZ-NM-CO-KS-OK
5. Softkey F3 (LOAD)
6. Softkey F1 (YES) then Please Wait...
7. SCAN

Repeat above for vs12 but in step 4. replace Down to 12 TN-GA-MO

You need to press keyboard numbers to toggle other scanlist on/off. FUNC + a number will be needed starting with list 11 and up. Example FUNC + 1 will toggle scanlist 11 and FUNC + 8 will toggle list 18 etc. List 1 (default) in vs 8 is for chandler AZ so toggle it of by pressing 1.

MO starts is in scanlist 9 through 14 in vs 12, so press 9 to toggle Independence P25 on and 1 to toggle Atlanta off. you can press 0 for scanlist 10 and FUNC + 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 for the other MO list depending on your location.

While you are struggling with this, if you get one of the three softwares available (ARC500, PSREdit or Win500) you can combine the data for KS from vs 8 with MO from vs 12 into one working memory. All three offer a thirty day fully functional trial.

bill44

v folders

i had a full head of black hair in feb when i got the psr 600,now i am bald with gray hair thats left ,i have been in scanning since the 1960s i still have a rs pro 1 + about 40 other scanners,but i can not figure out
this psr 600,i know nothing about downloading the win500 or how to load it,maybe its time to gve up
bill

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Don't give up yet, I sent you a pm 2 days ago with my email and phone number if that will help.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Frank, you're cool!:)
Thanks Todd, your dangerous work in Public Safety is the coolest!!:)

Not sure if Bill is aware of PM in these forums. This salty ol retired sailor/naval science instructor has plenty of social security time to help.:wink: Hair is white, but still on my head.:eek:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Frank "fmon" is the best on these boards, he helps everyone, i still have problems downloading firmware, i sure wish he lived across the street....I do have a great friend here (statevillian), he is my official firmware downloader....Hey, my hair is gray, im retired, im dumb with the computer, but by hand i can program any radio in the "dark"....

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
You can only Load one V-Folder at a time. If you load KS #8 then load MO #12, 12 will replace KS in the working folder (main scanner).

List 17 in V-Folder 12 is Knox Pigeon and Forge
List 17 in V-Folder 8 is the OK Broken Arrow system

Frank, or anyone that can assist-

I'm heading for the Jersey shore for vacation end of the week. I currently have my unit programmed for my area and some programmed for south jersey in my main memory. Is it possible to load 2 V Folders into memory along with my current configuration? Essentially I'm looking to listen to v17,v18 and v0 {my current config} all at once without having to load and reload. The way I read it, you can't. I use Butels sorftware and I'm a premium subscriber to RR so I can upload systems from RR'S site

Thanks,

Kevin

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Frank, or anyone that can assist-

I'm heading for the Jersey shore for vacation end of the week. I currently have my unit programmed for my area and some programmed for south jersey in my main memory. Is it possible to load 2 V Folders into memory along with my current configuration? Essentially I'm looking to listen to v17,v18 and v0 {my current config} all at once without having to load and reload. The way I read it, you can't. I use Butels sorftware and I'm a premium subscriber to RR so I can upload systems from RR'S site

Thanks,

Kevin
When you load a V-Folder, it overwrites every thing in your main memory.
Solution:
Use one of the three available softwares and configure data needed from v17 & 18 into your current memory file. (ie, load current scanner data to the software, open v17 and 18 in new incident of the software and copy/paste only data needed directly from one v-folder to your local file).

-or

Your RR subscription will allow you to use Web Import directly to your regular file using any of the three softwares. A review of all data in any V-folder can be available in the software also.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
when using this software, I find that the dpl tones are not recognized from the website and it defaults to squelch search??? Any thing to correct this? Or do I manually do the changes on the list once dowloaded as a web import??

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
I tried on the arc500 software as well as win500.Both seemed to negate the dpl tones replacing them with squelch search.

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much for your attention to this Frank,

but I made things worse- funny, I picked up on the rest of the radio just fine- but this v-folder thing has me stumped -I'm a 911 dispatcher that uses all kinds of techy stuff and I've been into scanners for over 30 years but this v-folder thing has me almost hairless

First off- and probably this way from the factory, the actual contents of v-folder 17 are in v-folder 8- I did all the upgrades last night and still no luck. I also d/l the latest v-folder files- now my brand new vista computer won't read my brand new v-files files from my brand new radio.

The USB cable is working fine. Settings are correct also. I've been transferring files, DL files from RR and everything. I looked over the v folder file that I'm looking for {17} {which is actually in v-8}. I read the directions and saved my current config to <00> and went through the systems ect then went back to my main memory file. All is fine- radio works good, firmware upgrades went without a hitch.............................and

I do have a basic Idea how v-folders work. I had a Pro-96 for a short time a few years ago, BUT......

here are the things that have me stumped

1. V-Folder file 17 now shows <empty> {no where to be found}

2. V-Folder 8 {AZ-NM-CO-KS-OK} actually has V-folder 17 {DE,MD SHORE,JERSEY SHORE} contents within I have no idea where the actual contents of v-folder 8 are- not a big deal- I'm going to the Jersey shore, not Arizona. I'll just upload VS-8 to my main memory once I'm down there

here is where I made things worse

3. When I go to the new .bin file folders to d/l them to my computer via butels software program that I just d/l last night from the GRE site and meticulously go through all the steps it say no ACK from v-folders- check that your in v-folder mode, check cable yadda -- yadda- bit rate, com port setting are all ok- I just used everything prior to going into VS mode!

4. Now my computer {through my stupidity} try's to open the .bin files from my CD with MS works processor spread sheet and I can't get it back to the original setting {unknown file}

I'm holding off on a ticket through GRE because it took 2 days to get a response about my belt clip and we're leaving tomorrow for the Jersey shore

hope you understand the above situation and can shed some light on it

thanks again

Kev

When you load a V-Folder, it overwrites every thing in your main memory.
Solution:
Use one of the three available softwares and configure data needed from v17 & 18 into your current memory file. (ie, load current scanner data to the software, open v17 and 18 in new incident of the software and copy/paste only data needed directly from one v-folder to your local file).

-or

Your RR subscription will allow you to use Web Import directly to your regular file using any of the three softwares. A review of all data in any V-folder can be available in the software also.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Guys,

I am getting a PSR-600 at the end of the month hopefully, couple of questions,

#1. how many V Folders if any can u load into the scanner with software?
--Off Topic Alert--
#2. Is there a lighter plug power cord that can be purchased?

FYI I downloaded all 3 Software packages as trials, PSREDIT is clearly a winner, even though i do not have the radio yet, the software seems to do the job as far as setting up systems.

mikey60

Guys,

I am getting a PSR-600 at the end of the month hopefully, couple of questions,

#1. how many V Folders if any can u load into the scanner with software?
--Off Topic Alert--
#2. Is there a lighter plug power cord that can be purchased?

FYI I downloaded all 3 Software packages as trials, PSREDIT is clearly a winner, even though i do not have the radio yet, the software seems to do the job as far as setting up systems.

1: All 21 can be loaded from software

2: The radio comes with a long cord with the correct end, but does not have the lighter plug on it. You can get one at Radio Shack and put it on the end to get what you're looking for.

Thanks on the comments on PSREdit :)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.