Vacationing in Disneyland/Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattguzinski

Premium Subscriber
I will be vacationing in Disneyland/Anaheim in July, and I was wondering what county/city fire departments will be able to listen to from Anaheim? I will be bringing my Pro106. Will I be able to listen to LA County/City Fire? Thank you very much.

Eng74

You can get L.A. County Fire, Orange County Fire and all the city's on their trunked system, Verdugo, and L.A. City a little depending on where you are and which antenna you use.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Mattguzinski
I live in Cerritos, which is 7 miles from Disneyland. One of my many scanners is a PRO-106. Believe me, bring a decent portable antenna (including VHF, UHF, and 800), and you will be able to monitor tons of stations, including all of the LA Police, LA Sheriffs, LA County Fire, LA CIty Fire, ICIS trunk systems, Orange County Fire and P25 (OC Police are encrypted), CHP, etc.
You may be so busy listening to non-stop channels and TGs that you won't have time to go to Disneyland. PM me if you need any more information.

Steve AA6IO (where I can hear the fireworks from Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm go off at night during the summer).

mattguzinski

Premium Subscriber
Will I be able to pick up any San Bernardino systems if so which ones? And how about Riverside? I wi be there in two weeks.

Eng74

I have never tried SB or Riverside from there. Between LACoFD, LAFD, Verdugo, and the OC system it is normally a lot for one scanner to scan.

cool80z

Premium Subscriber
welcome to the neigborhood

HI I live in Anaheim and have a GRE Psr 500 which is virtually identical to your pro 106. I have a Nice file to share. Also been working on one for the San Diego that I have put quite a bit of time on. do you have win 500 Software by Don Starr? PM me if you want the files or any local info.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.