Vancouver (CRESA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxbofh

Ok, I know this is the OREGON forum, but come on, vancouver is just a suburb of PDX right ?
That out of the way,

I work in Vancouver, and have just started listening to Clark County and (just like my MCSO question last week) need some help regarding usage of channels.

They have numerous 'control' channels (1-4) that seem to be used as dispatch channels, but how are they split up? Area, agency ?

And Vancouver PD also has control channels (1-5) so when you are listening you have to check to see if its a VPD control channel, or a SO control channel - how are VPD control channels split up?

Any general help regarding usage and unit number would be great, thanks all !!!

Docster911

Control 1 is the data channel used by all police agencies in Clark County for warrents/data checks.

Control 2 is the Regional Law channel, meaning it is the main dispatch channel for Clark County Sheriff, Camas PD, Washougal PD, BattleGround PD, Lacenter PD and Ridgefield PD

Control 3 is Vancouver PD dispatch, citywide.

Control 4 is not assigned to anything other than special events such as July 4th fireworks show, the Clark County Fair, Amphetheatre Events

Control 5... see control 4

There are also car/car channels which correspond the above, primarily Eagle 2 (control 2 units); and Eagle 3 (VPD car to car)

Special tactical events are also handled on Tac 2 and correspondingly Tac 3 as described above.

Hope this helps

pdxbofh

it does help, thanks

but just to make sure Im on the same page, the control channels you list are the ones listed under the SO channels, not VPD channels correct ??

If thats the case, what are the 5 VPD control channels used for ?

Docster911

There are only 5 control channels, total. There aren't 5 for the SO and 5 for VPD. Just 5 control channels.
There may be duplicates listed in the database...

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Docster911 said:
There are only 5 control channels, total. There aren't 5 for the SO and 5 for VPD. Just 5 control channels.
There may be duplicates listed in the database...

Duplicates... but not quite. The CCSO vs VPD talkgroups have different numbers. I think the list I have at JoeScanner is correct... but...

A lot of "unassigned" too.

Anyone care to let me know which "controls" are correct so I can update the DB?

Also, because the policy is to only have confirmed usage listed in the DB, I will have to remove the "unassigned" and "unknown" entries unless somebody can lock in a usage and create a submission.

Looks like when I finish the clean-up on the Portland system, the Clark County system will be next.

joe

pdxbofh

well for what its worth, I have been listening to CRESA for the last 3 days all for 8 hrs and have heard nothing on the 'unknown' channels. I have heard activity on almost all of the other channels that are listed

Status
Not open for further replies.