Violet Fire in Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've done it. I was rearranging things on my BC346 and lost my data for Violet Fire. I know they are dispatched out of Franklin County along with Bexley and others, but can't find Violet listed in the database!

I have a Premium Membership and want to copy Violet Fire's data using Freescan. Tried searching MEC and MECC... no luck or doing it wrong.

Had it... lost it... can't find it again... feelin' stupid (again).

bge1234

Violet Township is dispatched by MECC along with many of Columbus' eastern suburbs and townships. Their unit numbers are in the 590s.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
That's why I'm confused. I swear I had an earlier printout of the Franklin County Public Safety from this site and Violet Fire was specifically listed. I seem to recall their talk group ID and other info was listed.

So I need to transfer that WHOLE file to the BC346? I really don't want to hear all of Columbus' fire traffic.

Let's see... where do I plug in that crystal??? :)

EDIT:

Ahhh; I found some notes from the last time I went through this.

FRANKLIN COUNTY PUBLIC SAFETY
***********SUBURBAN FIRE DEPARTMENT TALKGROUPS***********

Fleet I.D. User
8016 Violet Fire Twp Fireground Fire-Tac
8048 Truro Truro Twp Fireground Fire-Tac
8080 TWV Disp Truro/Whitehall/Violet Dispatch
Fire Dispatch

Last edited:

ibagli

That information is out of date. Truro, Whitehall, and Violet are all dispatched by MECC now (and the TWV talkgroups are now some of the lesser-used MECC talkgroups). And no, you don't need to listen to the other talkgroups. You can just program MECC if you want.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Getting ALL Franklin County@#%%@@

OK guys... I'm using Freescan and have downloaded ONLY the MECC portion of the Franklin County Safety database. Those 12 items are what I have displayed on Freescan as being programmed into my scanner. Yet, the scanner is getting IDs from all over Franklin County, not just the listed 12.

I have cleared out all programming in the scanner and downloaded the file from Freescan to the scanner to be sure there wasn't something resident I'm not aware of.

What am I doing wrong???

bge1234

OK guys... I'm using Freescan and have downloaded ONLY the MECC portion of the Franklin County Safety database. Those 12 items are what I have displayed on Freescan as being programmed into my scanner. Yet, the scanner is getting IDs from all over Franklin County, not just the listed 12.

I have cleared out all programming in the scanner and downloaded the file from Freescan to the scanner to be sure there wasn't something resident I'm not aware of.

What am I doing wrong???

I'm not sure about your particular scanner, but on my BC246T you can change between scan mode, which only scans programmed IDs, and search mode, which shows all IDs on the scanned frequencies regardless of whether or not they are programmed.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
It's a BC346XT. I don't know why it would be in "search" but I'll check it out. Is that something I would change in Freescan?
Thanks for the suggestion.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Big Clue

Maybe this will shed light on the problem. I named the System "MECC Fire."

Whenever I attempt to scan that System, my display reads:

Primary
ID:2064 (or whatever it stops on)

I've never seen "MECC Fire" yet.

Does this help identify the problem?

bge1234

Maybe this will shed light on the problem. I named the System "MECC Fire."

Whenever I attempt to scan that System, my display reads:

Primary
ID:2064 (or whatever it stops on)

I've never seen "MECC Fire" yet.

Does this help identify the problem?

That's exactly what mine says when it's searching for all active talkgroup IDs rather than only scanning the IDs which have been programmed in.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
AHAAA... OK found on Freescan programming page an option for :

ID Mode
( ) ID Search
( ) ID Scan

I changed from ID Search (default) to ID Scan and reprogrammed the scanner. Now it seems to be scanning properly, but haven't heard any activity yet. I'll let it scan this evening.

The display now reads:

Primary
ID Scan ^ (moves while scanning)
859.4375 (hasn't changed yet but no activity yet either)

Status
Not open for further replies.