VIPER P25 9600 Baud System Discussion: 2011-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

robkermit

Woodys Knob site in Mitchell County is offline. I think it is due to lack of power in the area. If anyone else can confirm differently, I would be interested to know what is happening with this site, since it is the one I primarily monitor. I will let you guys know something about Locust Knob in about 30 minutes.

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
52054 unknown

Picking up 52054 with encryption unknown user. Sbi?any ideas.

Drafin

Picking up 52054 with encryption unknown user. Sbi?any ideas.

I'm gonna guess so since it falls just before the the first confirmed SBI TGID and just a tiny bit after the NCNG. It makes sense since they went to the block logic after the switch to P25.

Draf

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I am using a Pro-651. I am able to pick up VIPER just fine east of the open cut on I-240 and west of about the French Broad river, but anywhere in between it just goes deaf. I also have a pro-96 and the control also drops in the same area. Is there a control channel for downtown or is it just a dead spot?

There used to be 3/4 VIPER sites covering Buncombe County pretty darned good. With 2 actually in the County. High Windy Mountain (Still listed as offlined), Meadows Mountain, were the 2 primary for BC. The sites in the surrounding Counties do give pretty good coverage for the most part.

Hey Marshall, any updates on the High Windy site?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
There used to be 3/4 VIPER sites covering Buncombe County pretty darned good. With 2 actually in the County. High Windy Mountain (Still listed as offlined), Meadows Mountain, were the 2 primary for BC. The sites in the surrounding Counties do give pretty good coverage for the most part.

I have not heard anything...of course my focus has been strictly on the
3700+ radios on my radio system that have been going through P25 migration. :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Well I was way off. I give up trying to guess TGIDs based on block logic and grouping.
Port Authority using encryption? That's interesting.

Draf

Port Ath does high profile Drug Interdiction work, Anti Terrorist Interdiction work, Anti Smuggling work, and a lot of the times works pretty closely with the Fed LEA's in addition to the usual ho hum stuff. And the way things are now, yeah i can see them using a lot of encryption.

Drafin

Port Ath does high profile Drug Interdiction work, Anti Terrorist Interdiction work, Anti Smuggling work, and a lot of the times works pretty closely with the Fed LEA's in addition to the usual ho hum stuff. And the way things are now, yeah i can see them using a lot of encryption.

Well that makes perfect sense. Having always lived and worked as a LEO inland and never dealing with any Port Authority, I never considered the possibility of them being so involved. I guess I just considered them the "dock police". Live and learn and thanks for the info.

Draf

radioguyWNC

High Windy

Latest from SHP is that the new tower has been up for some time, but it will be be October-ish before they can demolish the old bldg and bring in a new shelter.

spiritofradio

Welcome Viper site

The 856.5125 cc has gone silent on the Welcome tower and now only getting hits on 700 mhz. Now showing 773.20625 as the active cc with 772.40625 as the alt cc. Still showing as Phase 1. Guess they have transitioned this site to 700.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The 856.5125 cc has gone silent on the Welcome tower and now only getting hits on 700 mhz. Now showing 773.20625 as the active cc with 772.40625 as the alt cc. Still showing as Phase 1. Guess they have transitioned this site to 700.

Got the site updated in the database. Can we assume it is still showing Zone 1 Site 61?
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

randyK

Just wondered if the Mebane site has transitioned to 700 MHz also? Pro96com is showing 770.29375 as Current control channel. Can't receive it from here.

waynepettrey

Feed Provider
Just heard Elkin FD (Surry county) on 43545. they were in route to a medical response call. communications was calling it Elkin Fire Admin. I don't want to submit the wrong info, it may be their main FD TG# Does anyone have any info in this.

Thanks
Wayne

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Just heard Elkin FD (Surry county) on 43545. they were in route to a medical response call. communications was calling it Elkin Fire Admin. I don't want to submit the wrong info, it may be their main FD TG# Does anyone have any info in this.

Thanks
Wayne

Heyo Wayne,
43545 is indeed Elkin FD Admin. I have added it to the database.
Good catch! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

waynepettrey

Feed Provider
Thanks for updates Marshall, any other info on Surry county is appreciated. I submitted info about Elkin DOT tower changing cc to 859.0125 with an alternate of 853.2250.

t7ri3g

Premium Subscriber
New VIPER TG

High Point Fire Department was testing radios on their VIPER backup channel this morning: TG 21013

Status
Not open for further replies.