VIRGINIA STARS SYSTEM

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Can somebody let me know the ASTRO 25 Channel ID's for this VHF statewide system. It's not posted on the Db for the premium side of this site.

Would be awesome if somebody has it or can sniff the control channels in this area. Also, I can submit them to the Db when done

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Great. Thanks. Very much appreciated when I travel and want to use my commerical grade baby.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Everthing is working properly with no issues and no Tx back. Safe as can be. We always want to do the right thing at all time with commerical grade radios. Thanks for you help.

manda1993

My name is Amanda
Thanks. Everthing is working properly with no issues and no Tx back. Safe as can be. We always want to do the right thing at all time with commerical grade radios. Thanks for you help.
Until a tech with the system sees you up here talking about the system and then encrypts it. By your name seems like you are a tech for TSA so I am not surprised not very smart. I wouldn’t call you a tech.

fredva

Feed Provider
Until a tech with the system sees you up here talking about the system and then encrypts it. By your name seems like you are a tech for TSA so I am not surprised not very smart. I wouldn’t call you a tech.
There are people who insist that the state police, if not the whole STARS system, are going to be encrypted by the end of the year anyway.

manda1993

My name is Amanda
There are people who insist that the state police, if not the whole STARS system, are going to be encrypted by the end of the year anyway.
There are several reasons why one is NAS, fb groups, scanner feeds are the three main reason but as most know VSP uses computers most of the time unless there is a pursuit.

Last edited:

manda1993

My name is Amanda
There are definitely a few VSP radio techs floating around on these forums too...
I know I remember my dad and brother telling me the good old days when people just listen and was quiet. He also told me about a time someone had a radio and accident happen in front of the person and people expected for him to call for help thinking since he had a radio he must volunteer but he didn’t have a ham license but had the SO/FD/EMS in his radio unauthorized. Carrying around a radio doesn’t make anyone look cool no matter how many TikTok you see of people doing it. Unless you are authorized to have one just get a pager/scanner and move along. That’s just my two cents.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
As long as the radio dont tx. Its not illegal, no different then having a scanner.
I have no knowledge of programming a system radio, but I understand it is difficult to program them so they do not affiliate with the system being monitored. That becomes a problem if it shares a radio ID as an actual users radio. It can cause issues for their radio to be rejected from the system.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
I have no knowledge of programming a system radio, but I understand it is difficult to program them so they do not affiliate with the system being monitored. That becomes a problem if it shares a radio ID as an actual users radio. It can cause issues for their radio to be rejected from the system.

Someone programing a radio to affiliate on a system and cloning a ID is highly illegal. As far as programing a radio to monitor and not affiliate is not hard depending on what radio you have. BK and Harris are very easy and there are settings in the software to not affiliate. Motorola is differant story. Requires alot of indepth programing to fool the radio into no affiliate.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Someone programing a radio to affiliate on a system and cloning a ID is highly illegal. As far as programing a radio to monitor and not affiliate is not hard depending on what radio you have. BK and Harris are very easy and there are settings in the software to not affiliate. Motorola is differant story. Requires alot of indepth programing to fool the radio into no affiliate.
Good info. Thanks.