VLC doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
Scanner: BCD536HP, firmware 1.05.01
Wifi dongle firmware: 7.28, IP address: 192.168.1.180
VLC version 2.20 on both Mac Yosemite and Windows 8.1 64 bit. Windows is on a real Windows machine, not a virtual machine.

When I try to open rtsp://192.168.1.180/au.scanner.au I get a message from VLC "Your input can't be opened VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://192.168.1.180/au.scanner.au'. Check log for details". When I check the log a couple things get my attention: "main debug: no access_demux module matching "rtsp" could be loaded" and "access_realrtsp warning: only real/helix rtsp servers supported for now".

I have turned off the firewalls in the computers and I have tried setting the scanner as an access point and then connecting directly to the scanner, I get the same results. I have also spent a few hours searching this forum and the web for help and found nothing.

mitbr

VLC version 2.20 on both Mac Yosemite and Windows 8.1 64 bit. Windows is on a real Windows machine, not a virtual machine.

When I try to open rtsp://192.168.1.180/au.scanner.au I get a message from VLC "Your input can't be opened VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://192.168.1.180/au.scanner.au'. Check log for details". When I check the log a couple things get my attention: "main debug: no access_demux module matching "rtsp" could be loaded" and "access_realrtsp warning: only real/helix rtsp servers supported for now".

I have turned off the firewalls in the computers and I have tried setting the scanner as an access point and then connecting directly to the scanner, I get the same results. I have also spent a few hours searching this forum and the web for help and found nothing.

Are you loading into the right place in VLC should be Media then open stream ?
Tim

W4ELL

Feed Provider

Unless you just mistyped the URL in this post, it is incorrect....

Use:
rtsp://192.168.1.180/au:scanner.au

smithken

Premium Subscriber
No I didn't mistype anything, at least not in my post, I must have checked that 4 or 5 times too and still missed the colon.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Your post has au.auscanner.au

The correct is au:auscanner.au (a colon instead of a period the first time).

jwheatley

I've done the samethings described in this post and still cannot get VLC to work.

I also can't install the remote software as I get the attached error. I am using an Administrator user and have updated firmware on the scanner and dongle.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Untitled - 1.png
    Untitled - 1.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 643

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've done the samethings described in this post and still cannot get VLC to work.

I also can't install the remote software as I get the attached error. I am using an Administrator user and have updated firmware on the scanner and dongle.

Any help would be appreciated

It looks like VLC can't start up. It looks more like a Windows thing. I would re-install VLC in a new folder like C:\temp and try it again.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You are trying to run RH from a system temp folder that normally is deleted on power cycle (and maybe other conditions will make the OS delete the files). You need to put the RH...exe file in a "normal" directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.