volume problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

backdrft

I just started to broadcast Schoharie Co. - Middleburgh fire in NY. I have the scanner volume half way, and before going into the computer it loud and clear. However on here and on phone app's the volume isn't loud at all. I have tried turning the scanner volume up, but that ends up killing the feed. Looking for any tips to get a much need louder volume for the feed to be 100%. Thanks for the help.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I just started to broadcast Schoharie Co. - Middleburgh fire in NY. I have the scanner volume half way, and before going into the computer it loud and clear. However on here and on phone app's the volume isn't loud at all. I have tried turning the scanner volume up, but that ends up killing the feed. Looking for any tips to get a much need louder volume for the feed to be 100%. Thanks for the help.

Use the rec out of the scanner and control the volume on the computer.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

It could be the Windows Mixer(recording side) controls not set properly. I would check first that the levels are set at 100%. After that, adjust the scanner volume to the point of distortion and back off slightly. On Unidens, it's a little less then 50%.

Are you using the microphone or line in input and what type of audio cable connecting the scanner to the computer?

backdrft

It could be the Windows Mixer(recording side) controls not set properly. I would check first that the levels are set at 100%. After that, adjust the scanner volume to the point of distortion and back off slightly. On Unidens, it's a little less then 50%.

Are you using the microphone or line in input and what type of audio cable connecting the scanner to the computer?

I'm using the $100 Radio Shack scanner with I'm picking up the channel just fine. The (recording side) your talking about is under Audio Manger? And I am using the line in with a 5' double male 3.5 audio line from scanner to computer?

Under the computers Realtek HD Audio Manger (line -in), do i adjust the Playback Volume? It's at 24 now
and the Recording Volume was @ 25 I moved that up to 100

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using the $100 Radio Shack scanner with I'm picking up the channel just fine. The (recording side) your talking about is under Audio Manger? And I am using the line in with a 5' double male 3.5 audio line from scanner to computer?

Under the computers Realtek HD Audio Manger (line -in), do i adjust the Playback Volume? It's at 24 now
and the Recording Volume was @ 25 I moved that up to 100

Realtek HD Audio Manger will work too. Playback volume is just for the speakers so it will not have an effect but the recording was at 25 changed to 100% will make a big improvement.

backdrft

I have it very clear, howver the volume is very low to get it clear. If I move the Recording up.....you cant under stand it. The recorder I moved to 100, then played with the scanner. to get the distortion under control I ended up dropping the recording to 20 and the scanner a up a 1/4 of the way!?! Any ideas, I'm will to make it 100%

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.