VSP Appomattox Division Going live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
thats interesting that you are hearing it well in rockingham. the only area in the division that the techs have mentioned as a trouble spot was rockingham county. But they say the trouble area is northern rock/southern page...

I live in southwestern Rockingham. I am west of Bridgewater and live on a hill top. I have noticed when I am mobile that the control channel will fade in/ out at times. Particulary in Bridgewater... it's like a little valley. I've also noticed the closer I get to the northeast (Elkton area) the signal is stronger coming off Fork Mountain. There are some hollows (or hollers, depending on your pronouciation:lol:) east and north east of Elkton that border Page, that I bet Fork Mt. does have a hard time getting to. But I haven't been in those for years.

I'm not sure how much my scanner is hitting on the STARS Massanutten Mt. tower. I need to adjust my blink rate so I can tell. I do know that on Rt. 33, in the Penn Laird area, there is a dead spot (scanner-wise) about a mile long where Massanutten Peake seems to shadow Fork Moutain's signal. I don't know if the repeater on Mass Mt. will help that or not... don't know where that STARS tower is.

Todd

Nitsud

I wasnt aware of a repeater on Mass mountain? I will have to find out about that. As far as I know we have a repeater in harrisonburg, and then hogback and pinnacle

dtscho

Database Admin
To anyone listening to Hogback Mtn. (or other sites): if you see new frequencies, please submit them to the database. Thanks.

Nitsud, sent you a PM.

Dave

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I wasnt aware of a repeater on Mass mountain? I will have to find out about that. As far as I know we have a repeater in harrisonburg, and then hogback and pinnacle

I'm not real sure. I read on a thread here there was one on Massanutten (I think the poster I.D'd it as site 10). I do get a strong signal from that site, but can't confirm where it is. I will play around and see how it is vs. Fork Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.