VSP B4 Killington Repeater

sjaltavilla

Premium Subscriber
Overhead a radio technician (Car 73) on the air around 13:00 today informing Rutland (B4) dispatch that he was going to be performing some radio maintenance on the Killington repeater. About 30 minutes later, it is back online, but it is making an interesting tone/beep at the end of each transmission (not MDC or anything like that). Receive RSSI seems a bit higher according to my APX and I've been sitting in the same spot most of the day.

All of the above leads me to believe that the repeater has been replaced or swapped for a different unit... wonder if this is in any way related to the state's attempt to very slowly (if ever) convert to P25. Same frequency and PL tone (460.1500, PL 210.7).

ecps92

Overhead a radio technician (Car 73) on the air around 13:00 today informing Rutland (B4) dispatch that he was going to be performing some radio maintenance on the Killington repeater. About 30 minutes later, it is back online, but it is making an interesting tone/beep at the end of each transmission (not MDC or anything like that). Receive RSSI seems a bit higher according to my APX and I've been sitting in the same spot most of the day.

All of the above leads me to believe that the repeater has been replaced or swapped for a different unit... wonder if this is in any way related to the state's attempt to very slowly (if ever) convert to P25. Same frequency and PL tone (460.1500, PL 210.7).
or is it on Back-up Power vs Primary power, some sites (not speaking for VTSP) have used the beep to indicate that and/or that there is a failure pending in the repeater

sjaltavilla

Premium Subscriber
or is it on Back-up Power vs Primary power, some sites (not speaking for VTSP) have used the beep to indicate that and/or that there is a failure pending in the repeater
Perhaps - I manage a handful of MTR2000's that have that feature enabled. The beep on the Killington repeater sounds a tad different, but not entirely out of the question. I will try to get a recording of it if I can.