Waco Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loneybug

Hello again my wonderful scanner junkies.

As many of you may know, I live in Waco and am currently sitting at home scanning all the statewide frequencies for Texas on my Uniden 436, and out of the blue I hear traffic on theArkansas Wireless Information Network system coming through just about as clear as my home county, McLennan. I heard dispatch sending police to addresses/scenes of crimes, as well as car to car communications between police of some type.

To be more specific, these are the departments and channels I heard:

DEPT.
State Police: Troop A - Little Rock
CH.
Dispatch
North Car-to-Car
South Car-to-Car

and

DEPT.
State Police: Troop B - Newport
CH.
Tac 2

How is this possible? Are their signals that strong or what?
I actually may have figured it out. Is it possible somehow they share the same frequencies and TGID’s with a system here in my county?

Because in listening more closely, I heard them say “Send AMR” and “Transporting to Providence” and “I’m over by the Twin Bridges.” AMR is the EMS provider my county uses, Providence is a hospital in Waco, and the Twin Bridges are a common landmark just outside Waco next to the lake…
I actually may have figured it out. Is it possible somehow they share the same frequencies and TGID’s with a system here in my county?

Because in listening more closely, I heard them say “Send AMR” and “Transporting to Providence” and “I’m over by the Twin Bridges.” AMR is the EMS provider my county uses, Providence is a hospital in Waco, and the Twin Bridges are a common landmark just outside Waco next to the lake…

is there a scanner for waco fire department

Status
Not open for further replies.