Warning - Fraud - Bad Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I was asked to provide everyone with this info. Please do not accept deals with Robert Fortin and Eric Bartholomew of NY. I almost got suckered on a BC785D I was selling. I specifically asked for a postal money order. I was told a postal money order was sent and then a personal check arrived. I was then told sorry didnt have time to send the check but the check was good, blah blah blah. Anyways before I depoaited the check and got hit with bank charges, I decided to check with the bank - Union State Bank out of Tarrytown. per the person I talked to the check was NSF/Closed acct and local pd was already investigating for the came thing. I was told to bring the check to my pd which I did. No scanner was sent - so all - beware.

Joe

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
ETA: moved back to the feedback forum. It's unclear who exactly these members are but I've requested this information be provided.

Last edited:

stevolene

man thats why Ive always been leary about buying anything off a forum type website, its a shame people like this ruin an otherwise fun selling/buying atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.