• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

washington base problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this fairly nice looking Washington uniden base station last Month...

Fired it up and excellant --til I started around the channels yesterday , normally just sit on 35 excellant.

Well, I logged the faulty channels and would you believe that 20 of the 40 channels are dead.. My brother listened at his house as we went through the 40 channels..

Now , someone much smarter than I out there may be able to help -could it be the rotary switch needs attention ,or will it be a big chip hard soldered to the board??? yuk..

I am confident of fine soldering , with care I would be able to do this job ..

Thanks

Bruce.

homeinva

might want to check and make sure the radio did not have other channels added
know that was a radio that they could add more channels
if it has a selector switch or dial switch

Last edited:
washington base problems

Thanks for the quick reply homeinventa,,,

There does NOT appear any extra channels ,I don't see any mods or extra switch on the fron panels --all very original ..

Tried this morning ,same problem ,20 channels down out of the 40 channels ,all over the place..

will take the cover off and spray electroclean on the rotary switch , but I think it's more sinister than that..

Bummer, one problem after another -first was a crook rotator,then my 2 mtr wide band receive don't work ,now this.. oh and the meter lights and dead segments ..lol..

Thanks

Bruce

homeinva

did you receive on any of the channels if so you might have some finals gone

been a few yr since i have had mine on

Thanks Homeinva,,,,, I can get ,receive and tx , on about half the 35 channels ,, some in blocks of 3 or more , others just a single channel .

So, we'll say 18 channels are OK ,, so thats OK .

Why this problem is happening ,dunno.. seems spread over the whole 35 channels..

Thanks

Bravodownunder--VK4FBDU

John_S

Sometimes the guys adding extra channels would try to not add extra switches. They would use one of the accessory switches... like SWR or something similar. If you see additional wires that don't look factory and they run to the front panel, that's the explanation.

Thanks John ,,

No, everything appears to be factory standard ... I have 2 washingtons and both are looking the same inside ..

I'll use some "electro-clean" on the rotary switch next time I have the case off ..

But does this channel selector then send a signal to a multi channel chip ? which could be sick ?.

Bruce.

John_S

Chances are then that it's probably the switch...yes, it works with the chip. Not sure if this may be a sealed type of rotary switch or not.... been a long time since I did anything under the hood of a CB... early '90s.

SCPD

QRT
a possible crystal problem I have a galaxy that had that problem. but then again my galaxy had many bad solder joints I had to find also. You could try heating any crystals in it with a hair dryer thats how I found my problem. Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.