Waterford Twp. Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA87

Does anyone know the police/fire frequencies for Waterford? I've looked on many sites and the frequencies are either outdated or not Waterford at all. I have two frequencies that are around Waterford but also other cities. If anyone could help, that'd be great. Thank you!
-Liz

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The fire department operates on 154.385 MHz. They too will be moving to the new OpenSky system in the future. However, their dispatch will be simulcasted on 154.385 MHz for the foreseeable future.

73s

Ron

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
As a sidenote, the only other fire department in the immediate area on 154.385 is Franklin-Bingham in southern Oakland county.

jagr707

Om a ironic side note, Waterford actually "leases"the frequency from Franklin-Bingham (from a reliable source that works there). Waterford uses a PL tone that escapes me now; with FBFC having no tone. I just think it is ironic with the amount of runs WTFD does compared to Franklin Bingham. Must of been an arrangement from a long time ago.

Otherwise, anyone know how much wattage WTFD puts out? I can get them clear from three counties away on a bad day. Sometimes I hear their units better then their dispatch can.

It will be a very sad day when they move to opensky, been my favorite for years.

J

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
jagr707 said:
Om a ironic side note, Waterford actually "leases"the frequency from Franklin-Bingham (from a reliable source that works there). Waterford uses a PL tone that escapes me now; with FBFC having no tone. I just think it is ironic with the amount of runs WTFD does compared to Franklin Bingham. Must of been an arrangement from a long time ago.

Otherwise, anyone know how much wattage WTFD puts out? I can get them clear from three counties away on a bad day. Sometimes I hear their units better then their dispatch can.

It will be a very sad day when they move to opensky, been my favorite for years.

J

Interesting that you can hear Waterford Fire and thier units from a distance. I am one township away and their dispatch is sometimes hard to hold on my scanner. I rarely get their moblile units.

As for Open Sky, I just read another posted link that stated some city or county in PA(?) dumped thieir contract after several years development because Open Sky wasn't really going to work and the expense had increased greatly. They were going to a different system where they can almost pay for the change with the saving in radios alone.

jagr707

pjbracing said:
Interesting that you can hear Waterford Fire and thier units from a distance. I am one township away and their dispatch is sometimes hard to hold on my scanner. I rarely get their moblile units.

As for Open Sky, I just read another posted link that stated some city or county in PA(?) dumped thieir contract after several years development because Open Sky wasn't really going to work and the expense had increased greatly. They were going to a different system where they can almost pay for the change with the saving in radios alone.

Huh, I was listening to WTFD dispatch in CANADA of all places a few months ago. Maybe their system is getting old but half the time I hear them fine and dispatch wants them to repeat. Who knows.

I did hear Southfield will not be moving over to MA/Com and Waterford will be keeping their paging on VHF for the vollies. But don't quote me on that, it's all hearsay and speculation from the users and not the higherups.

I am just happy to get MPSCS here so I have SOMETHING to listen to. God I miss south Macomb county.

J
EDIT: At the hospital the other day I did spy on a Troy PD unit and their radio sounded great IN the building . My cell did not work at all at about the same place.

Last edited:

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
jagr707 said:
Huh, I was listening to WTFD dispatch in CANADA of all places a few months ago. Maybe their system is getting old but half the time I hear them fine and dispatch wants them to repeat. Who knows.

Thanks, I don't understand, but it is one of those unique things about scanning. It doesn't make sense to me, but then I get reception on other frequencies better than other people so it I guess the signal bounces both ways.

I am in Florida right now and if you really want to enjoy scanning fire departments, both Palm Beach County and Pinellas County also put their calls on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.