Way to search for Sys IDs on here?

W5ATX

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me if this is not the right section, I was scanning and stumbled across an unknown system with the system ID of 1A0h, they mentioned a cross street of old houston, the signal was strong, then a few minutes later it faded and now when I swing the beam to try and get a location on it, i'm now picking up a control channel for a different system on the same freq but can't pull it out. the freq is 851.4875 and TGID i heard was 1447 . which i'm sure is used all over the state. I'm assuming there's some sort of band opening going on. So what is the best way to identify a frequency if all you have is a sys ID? Thanks in advance.

W5ATX

Premium Subscriber
Correction, the NAC is 1A0h. the signal is back, i did a frequency search and narrowed it down to 3 systems. also another TGID popped up, the one that makes sense is Waller Co on the TxWARN system however when i pull that page up it says the Sys ID is 1A7. So when I find a mystery signal, either voice or a control channel, is it best to search the Sys ID, or NAC to identify the system, and how/where on this website?

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

W5ATX

Premium Subscriber
crap, i looked all over for that screen! i'm still trying to navigate the new layout, things have changed a bit here :) I still don't see the query trunking system tab. when i goto rr.com, it's the old page, then when i click databases, it takes me to the db page but with a new home screen look. i was able to pull up the sidebar on the left but don't see query. I need to spend a day for new webpage orientation :) thanks again, I have a lot of catching up to do.

W5ATX

Premium Subscriber
odd... i clicked on browse and then i saw the query tab, when i clicked the back button the query tab appeared at the bottom of the screen. either that was a weird glitch or i'm glitching due to lack of sleep :) thx again.

W5ATX

Premium Subscriber
How did you get the 1A7? my radio only showed 1A0h.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The "h" is not part of the System ID, it's simply how Uniden notes hexadecimal format. Forget about the h, it's the three characters prior to that matter. NAC and SysID are two different values. Sometimes they happen to be the same, but often that's not the case.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How did you get the 1A7? my radio only showed 1A0h.
You're confusing the System ID, which is 1A7, with the Site NAC:

1662332077760.png

1662332215059.png

Nowhere, in your scanner, do you program 1A7. That's used by radios associated with the system, but scanners do not use that.

The Site NAC, 1A0, is used in the system to differentiate it from other possible systems or sites using one or more of this site's frequencies. The Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 allow you to program that site NAC, but none of the other scanners from Uniden or Whistler can utilize that information.

Most of the time. you may not have two or more sites with a duplicated frequency. But for a large system like TxWARN, you will find other sites with one or more of the site frequencies, but generally, these sites are far enough apart that you would not be able to receive both at the same time under normal conditions.

W5ATX

Premium Subscriber
I did confuse the Nac for the Sys ID. (oops!) So if i stumble upon an unknown control channel or random voice traffic , I can search the Sys ID shown (with 3 characters only) and it should pop up on RR? and It looks like the NAC is simply a code that you can use similar to a CTCSS tone squelch or DCS to keep the other systems out if there happens to be 2 P25 voice channels on the same frequency. My elevation works against me at times, last night I was picking up the above control channel which is about 125 miles away. Bear with me, i'm slowly re-learning, i've been in and out of this hobby for various reasons.... but thanks for all the great info!