Wayne, NJ and Pro-2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbella

My Mom loved listening to Wayne until they went project 25. I am trying to get her back on without spending too much. Can anyone comment on a used Pro-2096 and Wayne today.

Thanks

X WD8BIG

W2SJW

Database Admin
A 2096 should handle the system just fine, but will not get the base tables from the control channel like the newer scanners will (which will complicate the initial programming slightly).

What I didn't like about that, and the 96 was the 12-character alpha tag limit...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

tbella

Thanks for the reply. Given I am in Connecticut and she is in Wayne, I think I will spend a little more for easy.

How do you all like the GRE PSR 600 PSR600 or the BCD396T ?

Thanks,

X WD8BIG

W2SJW

Database Admin
I've owned numerous ones from both GRE & Uniden - the latest GRE models are said to decode digital better than the Unidens, but are prone to front-end-overload in high-RF environments (especially VHF).

To be honest, if she wants this for a stationary desktop or nightstand setup, I would highly recommend the Uniden HomePatrol-1. There are no buttons to confuse her (sans the power & volume control), and the multi-color touch screen is the biggest hit to anyone I've show it to...

tbella

Thanks for the input. They look a little pricy, but I will watch for one. May be well worth it in the end if she doesn't have to call me to 'fix it' over the phone. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.