Weather Radio false alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
dbestfirefighter said:
On a side note: Anyone hear the fiasco on 145.41, ie hams yelling on the radio, net control being ran from someone that lives 70 miles away from OKC in the opposite direction of the risk area, the same person giving updates to OUN via "his TV". I've been down to the weather center they have more tv's than the average sports bar. Just wanted to vent my frustration, we as radio/scanner/ham enthusiasts should concentrate our efforts more and organize a group to handle these types of situations. JM2C

Yeah ... heard about this the other day. As I understand it, it was Terry KB5LLI that brought a little order to the chaos. And yes, he's down in Cyril, but he's an experienced net controller.

Some hams did NOT distinguish themselves that day. :mad:

fireant

What drives me crazy is when there is a severe weather event going on some idiot always gets on the NWS Net and wants to know if the weather is going to come into there area or know what the weather is doing heck all they would have to do is turn on the tv because the media in Oklahoma covers severe weather to the extreme at times. This type of stuff drives me crazy they tie up the repeater when there is far more important things that are happening.

Just my two cents

fireant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.