Weather siren frequency for Hendricks County

Hi. I’ve been searching on the radio reference database trying to find the frequency for the weather/tornado siren frequency. Nothing seems to show up, so I was wondering if anyone from Indiana could give me an answer.

I know I could wait until the day they test the sirens and listen in the general area, but I would prefer to have a direct answer if possible.

Thanks!

west-pac

There may not be a frequency. It could possibly be done via the internet or phone line as well.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
That's been a moving target. When Hendricks first went onto Indiana Project SAFE-T, a talkgroup was assigned and the plan was to activate the sirens using a point-to-point data communications feature of P25. That talkgroup, 10371, is still in the database, but I don't know if it's being used as I had heard through the grapevine that the system never worked as well as Motorola said it would.

Barring that high-tech solution, the fire paging VHF frequencies, 154.130 and 153.890, may be possibilities for this function.

Ace9133uwu

|-/ Nothing kills man faster than his own head.
Premium Subscriber
If Hendrick’s sirens are Whelen, they’ll 100% use conventional paging; typically in the 153-155MHz range.

Next time they do their weekly or monthly test, set up a scan search in that range. That’s how I found Wayne County’s siren paging.