Weather-watches & Warnings For Il.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbob3

Your Wish Is Granted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No More Posts On Weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Rayjk110 said:
Can't you just post a link and not recopy THE WHOLE ENTIRE THING ON THE THREAD?

It wastes space on the forums. If it's cold, or if it's icy, I'm sure everyone who lives and breathes knows it. :roll:

Not until he explains between a Wind Chill Advisory and a Wind Chill Warning... lol

I just would like to know the stats or ratio of people that go, "Gee I wonder what the forecast is like or if there's a Wind Chill Advisory out. I don't know, let's check radioreference.com to see if there's been anything issued." Don't you think people would turn on the TV or radio first or just say hey I can see my breath so I already know its cold.

bessiedawg

Thanks for the effort in posting the weather info, although all the detail probably isn't required. Weather events and scanning do go hand-in-hand.

timmer

For those scannists interested, it looks like a major ice/snow event is headed for central and north central Illinois. Monday afternoon through Tuesday night will be the time frame for this storm. 6-8 inches of snow is possible for central Illinois.

timmer

As far as I know, you are not the moderator for this site. I will post anything I feel like posting as long as it's clean. Find something else to worry about.

bessiedawg

Weather events are very much a part of the scanner hobby. I agree the pasting of the entire weather statement is not necessary, but I think a posting offering an alert to a weather event is very appropriate for this forum.

If the post is not helpful to you, simply move on to another thread. No negative commentary is necessary.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE:

It will snow tomorrow. Their's a good chance it will snow again another day in February which sounds like winter. Spring is around the corner. Then it will be hot in the summer. Leaves will begin to fall in Autumn and by next December it will probably snow again. If this is too much for you , start packing your bags and move on.
I have to agree, this is not really the forum for weather warnings. Why your intentions may be good, we really don't need to read it here as most of us watch the news. Thank you for your weather postings, but please no more.

bessiedawg

Ok so I guess we need to seek your guys approval first before we post anything or else you will leave a nasty message telling us that you think the post is a waste of time? I think not. I think you guys need to get a life. There are alot of posts that I consider to be not of particular interest. I don't spend time telling people how worthless it is.

Keep quiet and move on. Silently.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
bessiedawg said:
Ok so I guess we need to seek your guys approval first before we post anything or else you will leave a nasty message telling us that you think the post is a waste of time? I think not. I think you guys need to get a life. There are alot of posts that I consider to be not of particular interest. I don't spend time telling people how worthless it is.

Keep quiet and move on. Silently.

Sorry to offend you on your weather postings, but i'm trying to have a little fun with you on this. Scanning and weather does go hand in hand as we all get to listen to the amateurs drive their cars into ditches and forget that you have to slow down a bit out there. No need to seek approval on anything scanning or radio related as I find most posts interesting, but do not always directly affect me. Most here have e-mail notifications , and probably check radioreference first to see what was posted. When our e-mail box is filled with weather warnings, which we have heard fron every weather person out there, it justs get's to be repetitive. I'm assuming this is a priority in your daily scanning so you feel the need to post. We're all just trying to gently tell you no thank you on this forum. Maybe a weather forum would be in order? Maybe an Illinois weather forum? I think most hear are looking for scanning related postings and yes we do move on. The weather warnings have become too frequent and we are making an attempt to ask you nicely to stop. I'm not a moderator just your average joe-scanner guy...have a good evening and get that snowblower warmed up...

chgomonitor

Silent Key
Chicago Weather Warning

I'm with Dave. Here's a weather warning. We are going to have weather every day. LOL.

bessiedawg

It amuses me as to how you guys don't like this thread, but you keep coming back to it and posting.

I guess it's just human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.