Weekday HF Pirates

RichM

Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
188
Reaction score
221
Usually somewhere between 6850 and 6985 often USB or AM, sometimes they move around mid broadcast to avoid jammers. Some have great music programming, very entertaining and worth the hunt. Good luck.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2026
Messages
31
Reaction score
56
Usually somewhere between 6850 and 6985 often USB or AM, sometimes they move around mid broadcast to avoid jammers. Some have great music programming, very entertaining and worth the hunt. Good luck.

Oh yes thanks I'm sorry I'm thought he meant "medium wave" pirates slightly above the AM broadcast band. I used to catch the pirate station "Radio Metallica" many years ago on I think was 6955 Khz if I recall correctly. This is when I had a perfect SW/MW/HF monitoring location with about a 100' of wire connected to a DX-440.
 

pjxii

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2017
Messages
429
Reaction score
357
Location
East of Birmingham Alabama USA
Oh yes thanks I'm sorry I'm thought he meant "medium wave" pirates slightly above the AM broadcast band. I used to catch the pirate station "Radio Metallica" many years ago on I think was 6955 Khz if I recall correctly. This is when I had a perfect SW/MW/HF monitoring location with about a 100' of wire connected to a DX-440.

This is how you find them or identify them as you come across one while band scanning.
 
Top