Weird EDACS scanning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0wb0yup

I set up a PRO-2055 with the following system:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=374

The problem I am having is with site 7, or "Salco Tower" specifically. I am getting the EDACS beeps only after a transmission on LCN # 4 (I know the database says 868.8570, but the correct freq should be 868.8750 and is programmed that way in my scanner). The other frequencies work fine after a transmission. I thought the scanner had a problem, so I loaded up my PRO-95 with the old setup that I used to use (which used to work fine, BTW) and the same problem happens with the PRO-95 now! I am a Vol Firefighter, and my wife has been complaining that she can't hear us on calls for about a month now (Base Scanner, the PRO-93 equivalent, can't remember the mod # right now). She says that every once in a while, it will just start beeping and go staticy, so she just turned it down and it has stayed that way for a month now on and off.

Back to the scanner problem: I thought maybe there had been a frequency added since the county has been talking about adding more throughout the system. Nothing on RRDB, nothing new in FCC database. Out of frustration, I sat in my truck and turned on the BC785D to see if it were getting the EDACS beeps as well. The Uniden is tracking the system just fine, but all my RS scanners are getting these beeps. It is not a programming issue, the file I used to load to my PRO95 was used for more than a year with no problems or missed transmissions. The Uniden and the RS are using the exact same freqs all starting on channel **1 and not **0. I re-initialized the 2055 and programmed by hand, and it is still having the same problems!

#1: Does anyone know if there have been recent changes to the Mobile County System that are not reflected in RRDB?

#2: Has anyone else experienced this problem with any other EDACS system anywhere (RS not working, Uniden does)

#3: Is there some way I need to redo the Fleet Map if that can even be done with EDACS? I have never had to touch the fleetmap for this system before, just enter the freqs and the mode, and it worked

The 2055 is trunking the main tower on the system fine (Springhill, site #1). I don't think it is a problem with the antenna or the reception, the 2055 can hear and decode the Salco system fine (other than problem mentioned above) even with no antenna connected at my desk (same for PRO-95).

Any help is appreciated

Tony

Last edited:

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I am not aware of any changes to the Salco tower but I will get to sniffing and see what I can find out.

On the mis-labeled frequencues, please PM me the information that needs to be coorected and I will change them in the database.

Thanks for the watchful eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.