Weird Signal 464.5000

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
In the past few days I've noticed a weird pulsating signal on this frequency. I tried to add an audio file, but it doesn't want to play nicely! I'll keep trying. If it helps I'm just a little south of Albany. Probably something very common. I'm just curious!

Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Pulsating as in what, exactly? Intermittent bursts of open carrier? Digital modulation sounding? Is it constant, or cyclic?

Hate to speculate based on vague description, but could it be an LTR idle burst? Did you search the RRDB and FCC for a license on that frequency in the area?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Any road construction or surveying going on in the area that you can see? Someone will chime it with what it's called, but it's for precise GPS accuracy.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Pulsating as in what, exactly? Intermittent bursts of open carrier? Digital modulation sounding? Is it constant, or cyclic?

Hate to speculate based on vague description, but could it be an LTR idle burst? Did you search the RRDB and FCC for a license on that frequency in the area?

More cyclic. Thanks GTR.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I've heard it around the Colonie/Latham area at times as well. From what I was hearing, I believe it was GPS RTK data for survey crews and road construction. When they were working on making Exit 3, it was on all day (on 464.500). Rifenburg Construction as a license for that channel (and several others) specifically for GPS RTK data, all in the 460-470 MHz. range.