West Nile spraying

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfish

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had aerial spraying for west nile? We're supposed to have 2 planes start spraying at 2000hrs lasting until 0000. I heard them land at the Yolo County airport (at least I think it was them...) on 123.0 AM, but I'm wondering which frequency they may use for air-to-air communications.

If anyone has any confirmed frequencies, please post them. I'll post some ideas to get started:

132.125 - Civil Air-to-Air
122.850 - (? "VHF Primary")
122.875 - (? "VHF Secondary")

I'll see if I can catch anything on Close Call also.

brian95008

Premium Subscriber
West Nile Spraying in Santa Clara Co.

Here in Santa Clara County they are spraying for West Nile by using trucks that drive thru the neighborhoods. The sprayers are in the bed of the truck with a large fan that disperses the chemical. I'm not sure of what, if any, radio freqs are being used for this ground operation.

They are suppose to start in Campbell (the latest spot where the virus has been located) in a couple of weeks.

Brian in Campbell
www.sccfreqs.info

screxer

They've been flying around Watsonville in a helicopter with a hopper hanging from its belly for quite a while now (few months at least)...haven't actively searched for a freq, but have heard it on the unicom frequency for watsonville airport (122.800)

scankid2591

screxer said:
They've been flying around Watsonville in a helicopter with a hopper hanging from its belly for quite a while now (few months at least)...haven't actively searched for a freq, but have heard it on the unicom frequency for watsonville airport (122.800)

What kind of helo is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.