Western Nebr, NSP on VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwtc

If others in this area would put in 154.5650 and post results we might be able to find out where this tower is at. In Scottsbluff I can hear the mobiles along I 80 and up in the Chadron area. The audio is choppy but you get both sides. I know dispatch uses the 400 meg from Scottsbluff to the northern towers but the 1st time we have been able to hear the cars.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure its .565 because .57 is a MURS channel and I would be surprised they would put it so close.

starwtc

When I found this the 996 stopped on .57, but a little better receive on .565. Today I also heard "Home Depot" so I think this is a harmonic of another freq. Also the "Depot" is just down the street from NSP HQ. In all it sure is nice to pickup the mobiles no matter how it's done. I know this was not the state trying out new equipment. So in the end this must be the "Depot" MURS channel.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
That makes more sense. I would say perhaps they were even on 39.9 cause that would give you a fairly close fourth harmonic especially with it being so close and the fact you are using a scanner which is usually a huge receiver anyways, so I could see where this would happen, unless of course NSP and Home Depot have some sort of interop agreement we're not aware of =p

Home Depot up here near 72nd and Ames Ave uses 462.5625, same with the new Irvington Targhetto (Target) near Immanuel Hospital at 72nd and Sorensen Pkwy.

I also have neighborhood kids that play cops and robbers, and Star Wars with GMRS Transcievers on the same frequency.

So it is safe to say he is probably hearing Home Depot, and others, not NSP....

Status
Not open for further replies.