What are Fleetmaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithBogut

Premium Subscriber
I'm a scanner newby trying to figure out how to program my BCD325P2. Let me know if my question would be better directed to the Uniden forums. I've been reading the manual, trying to get my head around the process of programming the ARMER system, before I attempt it, and the purpose and need for Fleetmaps completely eludes me. What are they for? How are they used? Can I omit dealing with them and still hear talkgroups until my understanding grows (I guess what I'm really asking is, Is there a default setting that will allow me to ignore them for now?).

Thanks for your time and patience.

trumpetman

Database Admin
I'm a scanner newby trying to figure out how to program my BCD325P2. Let me know if my question would be better directed to the Uniden forums. I've been reading the manual, trying to get my head around the process of programming the ARMER system, before I attempt it, and the purpose and need for Fleetmaps completely eludes me. What are they for? How are they used? Can I omit dealing with them and still hear talkgroups until my understanding grows (I guess what I'm really asking is, Is there a default setting that will allow me to ignore them for now?).

If you're talking about in a programming sense, then no fleetmaps aren't necessary for you to worry about. Those are from use back in the old analog Type I/hybrid systems.

Before trunking systems could accommodate so many users, talkgroups had to be managed in blocks of fleets, and within the fleets you had the talkgroups. Since ARMER is 800 MHz P25 digital you don't have to worry about entering any fleetmaps, just enter the talkgroups you want to hear and the scanner will decode the rest from the control channel.

Hurls17706

Premium Subscriber
Keith hello could you call me 612-961-4640. I am really brand new at this. I have the same scanner you have. Thank you

ecps92

Lots of good info in the RR Wiki
EDACS Fleetmap - The RadioReference Wiki
Motorola Type I - The RadioReference Wiki
Search - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.