What % not on MPSCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
What counties are still not on MPSCS, looking thru the database it seems most are. Is this the largest system of its kind? Also, what agencies plan on moving to the system that, aren't yet. Thank you!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Every county is "on" MPSCS (i.e. they all have access to it or someone in their county uses it.) But there are still quite a few that do not have daily operations on it.

N8DAD

Feed Provider
osceola and mecosta couties

osceola and mecosta couties, dont use it fully only a few talkgroups are even listed.
some day hopefully, they will be doing it all on mpscs

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Ingham county is not on it. They are still on an EDACS system.
Oakland county is not on it. They are on an Opensky system.
There is still a good amount of Wayne County that is not on it. Many of the cities in the western part & downriver communities are not on it.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Midland, isabella, huron, alpena

Ones that are 'not' on it currently, but will be moving to it. Gartiot fire (od is on it),

bay county & city pd (a matter of weeks or month before they switch), bay county fire is on it but their dispatch 154.31 still is being used, Bay City fire isnt going to switch but are looking on some grants to get the digital radios,

Flint city - but have plans to move over.

slash

Ottawa seems to be doing fine on their system, with cell phones as a backup.
My grandfather was a cop in Ottawa County in the 60's and I inherited his old scanner years ago when my Grandmother moved into a nursing facility, and the crystals in it still match the primary dispatch frequencies today, 30-some years after he passed on.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Ottawa seems to be doing fine on their system, with cell phones as a backup.
My grandfather was a cop in Ottawa County in the 60's and I inherited his old scanner years ago when my Grandmother moved into a nursing facility, and the crystals in it still match the primary dispatch frequencies today, 30-some years after he passed on.

Cell phones as a backup? LOL are you kidding me??? I would love to meet the genus who came up with that plan.

lakeboatnut

It is my Understanding that at one time Ottawa County considered the MPSCS. One of the criteria that was established is that for any new system police and fire must migrate to the same system. When testing was done on the F.D. side the system did not come close to meeting their needs/expectations thus the fire chiefs are completely against using it. Therefore the MPSCS was removed from consideration. In addition to this everyone is fairly happy with the way The current VHF system works. Although I have not been able to confirm I believe when it comes to narrow banding they will basically leep the same system they currently have and convert current equiptment/frequencies to narrow band, I do know Ottawa County Central Dispatch Authority has been saving money for some time to pay for the transition. With Ottawa county being so fiscally conservative (they saved and paid for thier new dispatch facility) they may also shy away from anything requiiring extra money when what they have works very well for them.

SCPD

QRT
I was wondering, could the MPSCS handle all public safety is all depts in MI ASSUMING they all moved to it? I mean granted they all have a limited number of TG's. Also, is Detroit City part of MPSCS or is it, it owns system? Thanks.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The limit on TGs is nowhere near being a factor. Detroit is part of MPSCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.