What scanners decode NXDN for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
No, in fact it's not a scanner, keep trying though it's cute ❤ ❤
No, it isn't. But between my R30 and my G5, I have completely replaced the need for a handheld scanner. Better scan rates, better LSM performance, better reception, better image rejection, better form factors, better battery life, etc. The OP said scanner, but the R30 is probably a better recommendation for the specific needs, so why pick on the fact that it isn't a scanner?

prcguy

So on the R30 you can enter a bunch of frequencies, push a button and it scans them. Its a scanner, pretty simple.

No, it isn't. But between my R30 and my G5, I have completely replaced the need for a handheld scanner. Better scan rates, better LSM performance, better reception, better image rejection, better form factors, better battery life, etc. The OP said scanner, but the R30 is probably a better recommendation for the specific needs, so why pick on the fact that it isn't a scanner?

RFI-EMI-GUY

The biggest thing I hate about it is the sound of the voices on digital modes. They all sound like they talk with their hand over their mouth or like they’re eating something. Why is this?

Because vocoders are crap and the manufacturers have no clue about acoustics any longer. I listen to a P25 phase 2 system and the audio quality is all over the place. Sometimes it is very clear, the next moment muffled, then it is blasting too loud.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Citywide you forget one thing over $1200.00 for 2 devices compared to $600 for 1 SDS100
$700 if you add NXDN and DMR
Yes, I got my G5 for $395 on an ebay auction (after the seller refused my $475 offer and then lowered the price because it wasn't selling) and had a coupon that allowed me to pick up my R30 for $525. The purchases were also 2 years apart. The R30 is probably the best option for the OP though, even though it is a communications receiver and not a "scanner." My point was more on the person pointing out "it's not a scanner"-but if it meets your definition of scanner, it's a scanner and that distinction is at the user's discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.