• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What's your everyday-carry two way radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1das

Hytera X1p UHF 400-470 digital covert radio. The X1p slips right into my pants pocket and I often forget I have it with me.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
An 8 year old Kenwood NX-410. 5 days a week, 8+ hours a day.

iIRleyl.jpg

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
A rather sad-looking Radius GP350 that works like new. Company freqs, a couple ham/GMRS. Ht600 for backup. Old school, but they're virtually indestructible.

I see MT1000(same form factor but 8, 16 or 99ch) Fo sale and they are dirt cheap. Too bad the programming hardware is so obsolete. If someone wrote a windows based programmer for them I would be on it. Solid bricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Time for a new key pad rubber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for a new Kenwood NX-3420…. Or maybe an NX-5400, haven't decided yet. Kind of like the smaller frame of the 3000 series.

Just had one of our plumbers bring his radio in for a missing belt clip screw and a broken antenna. Washed my hands well after that. His radio looked bad, never know what the radios been dropped into. Should have taken a photo of it.

6079smithw

I see MT1000(same form factor but 8, 16 or 99ch) Fo sale and they are dirt cheap. Too bad the programming hardware is so obsolete. If someone wrote a windows based programmer for them I would be on it. Solid bricks.

Welcome to Program Central! Yard-sale ($5.00) PII clocked to 300mHz running Win98SE on a 160gb Seagate 512M PC133 RAM. The 98 handles most early Moto CPS for M1225s and the like. Boot to DOS for all the old Moto RSS as well as Kenwood, GE/Maxon etc.
Got a couple of AMD K6 boards stashed as backups. Mexican Coronas are the preferred rate of exchange for fellow Hams.;)
These boxes turn up at the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores around here.

HPIM0142.jpg

Danny37

My trusty little VX-8DR. Besides scanning public service frequencies, I enjoy talking to imaginary repeaters on 6 meters.

:)

I love my vx-8dr but the volume level is horrendous, can barely hear it against NYC noise pollution. Also wish they had a separate channel and volume rather then having to lock the keypad to adjust the volume and unlock it to change the channel.

Danny37

Keep your eyes out, both of mine are used and they have served me great (the 8xe for going on 4 years now).

I've never purchased a radio in the 4 digits haha but maybe when I can afford it I'll thrown down some cash. For me personally I don't need an all band radio since everything around me is in the UHF R2 range and my vertex and Motorola radios go down to the ham bands easily. But it would be nice to have an endless radio, wish it did low band too but oh well.

Danny37

Here is a few of the portables I own. A hobby turned into an addiction lol. out of all of them I carry the VX 800 the most due to its size. very easy to conceal here in NYC.View attachment 68089

I love my VX800, it used to be my daily carry radio but 160 channels isn't enough for me lol. Especially since I have everything from westchester, LI, north jersey and ofcourse NYC programmed. It does go down to the 440 band easily with no mod and even down to 420 on the early models. I had loads of fun listening to buffalo fire & PD before they went P25.

GI_jose82

I hear you, its definately a great radio. You can actually program up to 200 channels into the vx 800.I was thinking of getting the vx 824 but I only Use it for local NYC channels along with a few repeaters/simplex channels so I don't really have a need for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.