Where are all the SDS100 small batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpasq

I would have thought after release and shipment of the larger batteries, there would be lots of sales on the smaller ones, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I have been hunting everywhere to find one, of course starting on the classified section of this forum -but even there NONE. So they are really still in demand to owners (like me), or I am missing something. If anyone knows where they are to be had let me know. (Or send me a pm if selling). Also, correct me if I am wrong, but as I have read, Uniden will not be selling these (and I could not find any aftermarket brands either).

jasonhouk

Used mine today for 4.5 during hours of snow removal. Came home swapped it out for one of my 2 large ones.

Houk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

vpasq

Well now I see where they are! More popular than I thought. Appreciate the responses. Maybe I should have titled the post “Hanging on to a small battery is bad luck” - just kidding of course.

Last edited:

CQ

Use the slim and sexy one one because it fits with my mobile installation where the fat bottomed one doesn't. She's tossed to the curb.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Wonder what Uniden did with all the small batteries? Would pick up a couple and the external charger (and a small door) if the price were right.

They put 'em in the first radios. I think I remember someone saying they had no more and weren't going to make any more.

Peerlessk

They put 'em in the first radios. I think I remember someone saying they had no more and weren't going to make any more.
Remember uniden wasn’t satisfied with the small battery . Would make little sense if the still had any for costumers .

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
I wish Uniden, or even a third party vendor, offered the small battery and cover for sale as well.

BBossman1

I've yet to see them listed in classifieds, but when these type of threads pop up, a member almost always offers one for sale. That's how I got mine.

palmerjrusa

I'm hanging on to the small battery as a spare.

The charging unit (Uniden EBC100 ) with large battery just arrived and it's on a charge cycle (the battery arrived with it reading 3.7 v).

Charging my older larger battery with the supplied adapter and cable was always hit and miss. Sometimes I would get it to charge till the led showed green indicating a complete charge cycle, but often, after around 9h or more, the led would be flashing red and I would have to unplug then reconnect and then a little while later the led would indicate green.

The instructions with the EBC100 indicates a complete charge cycle should take approx. 6.5 hours, we'll see...

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
A spacer attached to the smaller battery which brings the height of the battery to the same height as the larger battery allows for leaving the small cover home.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
How do you put that "fat" scanner in your pocked, you sure need big baggy pockets.....

Reactions: RRR
Status
Not open for further replies.