Where to buy PSR800

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have had pretty much all the better scanners and this one seems to work the best even with the stock antenna,its clearer,and more sensitive,I havent brought it to downtown Newark,NJ yet or "intermod city" to see if it even works there,we do have ALOT of RF and I live between two cell towers..So to sum it up,If I had to keep one it would be this one!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yes, some people hold that opinion. I, however, am not one of those people.

FWIW, government agencies at all levels buy many scanners.

Michael-SATX

Hey now, the Chinese Gov't was only "redeveloping" that industrial park district ... right ... ?
So, when it's all completed, Oh I am sure that the Chinese Gov't will just let out a whisle
and all the same companies will just come galloping right back to their new bldgs ~ yeah NOT :)

I like Paul's angle on the fact that Gov't agencies need and use scanners so why would they shut
GRECOM down ? Of course the Gov't can afford the high dollar commercial radios and most of us
consumer level working folks can mostly only afford the consumer grade scanners the way I see it ;)

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Curious, is there a comparable "base" scanner model that is comparable to the portable PSR-800?

D

DaveNF2G

Similarly, I have encountered people outside the USA who wouldn't ship TO America. There have been several times I wanted to purchase items on Ebay from sellers outside the USA but they refused to ship to me here in Florida because they don't ship to the USA or "just because".

Unfortunately you run in to that sometimes but it's not something just us Americans sometimes do. Many people in other parts of the world do this as well.

It is maddening though, especially if it's something nobody else has and you *really* want it!! :lol:

Shipping across international borders is very risky for buyer and seller. Items get stolen, confiscated, or just plain lost. There are import/export duties to be paid. Some countries might not allow the local seller to collect those monies from the buyer but makes them front it themselves. Some technologies may not lawfully be imported/exported across certain borders. There are a host of reasons for a private individual to avoid international shipping - in either direction.

pgnsucks

I paid $499 for mine which has about 10 minutes use on it and will be selling it quite soon. I just don't need that many scanners. I can post pictures of the receipt scanner etc for viewing...now where is that camera.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
What is the closest, best comparable base scanner to the PSR 800, if anyone knows of one?

Thank you in advance!

The GRE PSR-900 - but of course, it was never officially released.

Such a shame. I was really looking forward to it.

The only options for base/mobile digital scanners are the Home Patrol-1, BCD996XT, PSR-600, Pro-197 & the Pro-2096 (if you can find them).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Closed

Folks, I am closing this thread as it has covered basically what the OP asked and then some. In addition, some of the posts here are getting close to the line of infringing on the purview of the classified section of the site, so before someone steps over the line, it's best to shut this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.