Which is equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Which Uniden scanner model number equals or functions like the RS Pro2096 or Pro96?

I currently have a Pro2096 but have ALWAYS been a Bearcat fan. I think I'm looking at buying a new Uniden.

I want to listen to the new Ohio MARCS Trunked radio system and the different talk groups it has on it...

The 2096 hears that system OK, but, it doesn't do well on VHF Hi or VHF Low.....Even with an outside antenna!!!!!

Does the Uniden scanners do any better with those conventional systems?

Thanks, Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Why the BCD996T, of course. You may need to do some tweaking to get the P25 audio to sound as good as the PRO-96/2096, but it should meet and exceed your expectations.
In my experence, the 996 (and BCT15) does great on VHF/UHF systems.

SLWilson

Other thoughts?

Any other thoughts on this? I'm really interested in what Bearcat users think. I'd like to be able to hear our local CONVENTIONAL stuff as well as trunked radio in ONE scanner. As it is with the Pro2096, that isn't working out !!!!
Steve/Gallia

stevie621

Yo Steve. Why don't you hurry up and grab a pro-2052 for $100 if there any left. That way you can have one scanner for conventional and one for trunk. I know you like the Uniden but I think it would be good if you can get a 52. It is a very good little scanner.

SLWilson

Pro2026

stevie621 said:
Yo Steve. Why don't you hurry up and grab a pro-2052 for $100 if there any left. That way you can have one scanner for conventional and one for trunk. I know you like the Uniden but I think it would be good if you can get a 52. It is a very good little scanner.
I already have the Radio Shack Mod 2026 Patrolman 100 channel unit that I use for the lower freqs. I got it way back in about 1994 or 1995, I think. It still plays like it came out of the box!!! It'll hear neighboring counties on Lowband, VHF and UHF. I was just interested in getting one that I can "hear it all" with when I want to pitch it in the car & go and this particular PRO2096 just doesn't seem to want to do that....Steve/KB8FAR :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.