Which to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyiv

Feed Provider
I have a pro95, a pro 96, a rs 800mhz duckie antenna, a RS mag mount 20-032 antenna, and an antenna from a boat that is a style 497 vhf. I also live in an apartment. What is the best combination or should i just get a nother rs 800mhz antenna.

I guess what i am asking is, is it better to use a seprate antenna or a portable (rubber ducks). I am mainly listening to 150-160 400 and 800 ranges.

kf4lne

Get an antenna that is optimized for the bands you want to listen to. An antenna spcifically cut for a specific band such as a dedicated 800MHz antenna will not perform well on other bands. Also consider mounting options for your antenna. Do you have room to install a large outdoor antenna such as a Discone or a scantenna or similar? If so, look at an outdoor antenna that is designed for the bands you want to listen to.

wyldman

Try them all,and see what you like best.

If your in a good signal area,you may be able to use an antenna designed for other bands to pick up everything you need,on all the bands you listen to.Try them all first,and see what works.If you don't find one that works for you,then look at another antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.