TRX-2: Whistler TRX 2 NXDN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I am only receiving half of the transmissions on NXDN this evening (dispatch and not officer) but when officer transmits I have no audio but signal meter is full. I am connected by an outdoor antenna and all connections are tight. It is occurring on frequency 154.860 which is Dickenson County VA Sheriffs Office. They are using NXDN96 if that helps anyone. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
anelson5004
anelson5004@gmail.com

troymail

Silent Key
Is the dispatch side consistently clear and the officer side consistently not heard?

Any chance the officer side is encrypted? It's not all that uncommon.

Are you hearing anything (busy signal, etc.) when the officer is talking?

Also: anything found on the other licensed frequencies?

anelson5004

dispatch side is constantly clear, Officer side was not heard, just signal meter was full, and I am hearing no busy signal, and I'm not sure yet bout the other two frequencies. Yes, I have performed the latest cpu up date from January 20, 2017.

troymail

Silent Key
dispatch side is constantly clear, Officer side was not heard, just signal meter was full, and I am hearing no busy signal, and I'm not sure yet bout the other two frequencies. Yes, I have performed the latest cpu up date from January 20, 2017.

Curious - how do you have it programmed? It isn't listed as NXDN in the database.

Assuming the programming is good, if dispatch is constantly clear and the officer side is not heard but there is signal power being displayed, it really sounds like there is some type of privacy or encryption being applied.

Given all of the variations in DMR and NXDN I've been seeing, it wouldn't surprise me to learn there is yet another odd configuration option being employed...

troymail

Silent Key
I have it programmed as conventional 154.860 with DCS 114 and NXDN checked. That is also the way EZ Scan programmed it.

Hmmmm.... I just imported from the library into EZ Scan and it is programmed as is on RRDB - FM DC 114 ...

I then also did an import directly within the radio and it imports the same way....

but...

I can then check NXDN - which is fine - but the "Squelch Mode" is still "DCS" and the "Sq Code" is still 114... These squelch settings *shouldn't* matter for a NXDN object but now I'm curious -- I'm wondering if the radio is confused....

Use EZ Scan and create a new conventional object and select "NXDN Digital" when creating it.... Program the freq (154.860000) and set the alpha tag.... Copy that to your radio - any change?

anelson5004

No change, but a few minutes ago I received both sides, but just now I just received dispatch but not the officer and signal meter was full

Status
Not open for further replies.