Whistler trx Control software

paulmo101

I`ve recently seen a thread on the Whistler USA Trx1 & TRX2 Facebook group that a guy by the name of Martin Handl is developing some control software for the trx scanners. There are a couple of screenshots in the thread. There is also a demo to download and try and the software is still in beta. I`ve tried it and it looks quite good. Just happy that someone is writing software for the whistlers as Proscan and Butel don`t seem interested in the Whistlers. I`m not in any way linked to the developer just posting a heads up. link to the demo - hopefully Whistler commander Demo.zip and link to the FB group - search for Martin Handl Whistler USA TRX-1 & TRX-2 Digital Scanner Radio | Facebook
All the best
Paul

Ubbe

It's the exact same as Whistlers own Control Demo but with an added audio record function.

Whistler have never released the information on how to program their scanners, that's why there's no third party programming software available.

/Ubbe

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just happy that someone is writing software for the whistlers as Proscan and Butel don`t seem interested in the Whistlers.
It isn't that they aren't interested, it's just, as @Ubbe said, Whistler won't release the information needed to write third party software. As for the Control Demo software TRX ANDROID SUITE also does an excellent job and I use it alot.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
It isn't that they aren't interested, it's just, as @Ubbe said, Whistler won't release the information needed to write third party software. As for the Control Demo software TRX ANDROID SUITE also does an excellent job and I use it alot.

They did release the info for controlling the radios and I wish someone would make a web interface for them.

paulmo101

I believe the protocols are here TRX-1 Scanner Downloads but I also would like to see some more choice of software. Whistler seem to have stopped developing the software as the control software still goes by the name of Control DEMO and not updated for ages. There are some really good software writers on these forums maybe somebody will take up the challenge. All the best

paulmo101

I like the look of the Android trx software I don`t currently have an android device - would this work on a cheap tablet ? Cheers

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I like the look of the Android trx software I don`t currently have an android device - would this work on a cheap tablet ? Cheers
There are two parts to the suite, one is a windows based program for logging and controlling the scanner, the second part is the android component which is optional and can be used on a tablet to monitor and/or remotely control the scanner.

Ubbe

Uniden have a similar remote head test program RH-536HP to control a BCD536 and I believe it even included the source code to allow anyone to build their own control software. http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate

Uniden have been more forthcoming to developers and have released their scanners file structure and format that will allow anyone to code software that can program their scanners.

/Ubbe