Whistler WS1040 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_T74

Premium Subscriber
Hey all
I just brought a whistler WS1040 I'm trying to put in the frequency for police and fire . I live in Australia NSW.
I down loaded psr edit500 and put all the frequency into my scanner . It works but all voices are all muffled
And sound like aliens help

Chris

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I'm no expert, but that sounds like maybe you have the wrong mode selected on these frequencies. i.e. you set to NFM (narrow FM) and they are actually using FM (regular/wide FM). OR vice versa... that's one possibilty anyway.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
It could be encrypted digital. If so you will not be able to understand a single word said. Can you make a video of it with the lcd and audio? Then put it on youtube, with a link to it here?

sprite1741

Nothing can be done except don't scan those Here it's mostly detectives, narcs and the jail.

sprite1741

Depends on your area. Probably enc, but could be weak signal not decoding. I noticed you only have 3 bars. Try a different antenna or location. See if you can get a better signal.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
There are indeed some agencies 100% fully encrypted, I know of one county in Indiana and I believe a few in Illinois are full 100% encryption on everything with PD and FD.

That may be everything in your area, in my area we only have a handful of encrypted channels..therefore I stand by my statement not everything in the USA is encrypted.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
It's like that in all channels

It sounded encrypted to me nothing you can do for that.

Throw out the stock antenna and replace it with a remtronix 800mhz.

Make sure that you have the latest CPU firmware and DSP firmware installed. You will need the ezscan program free from whistler.

Try doing this as it will improve other reception....Turn of all attenuation that is what the "G" means in the display.you want no G or GA in the display unless you have 5 bars on the signal meter and poor audio quality.

Try adjusting DSP to 100.

Ed6698

That may be everything in your area, in my area we only have a handful of encrypted channels..therefore I stand by my statement not everything in the USA is encrypted.

Where I live the only stuff encrypted are some tac channels, surveillance, narc and stuff like that. I was just saying there are some places in the USA that have everything encrypted.

mikey60

Make sure that you have the latest CPU firmware and DSP firmware installed. You will need the ezscan program free from whistler.

The WS-1040 doesn't use the EZScan software. For programming your options are ARC500, WIN500, or PSREdit500.

Firmware updates are available for download from the Whistler web site.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.