Whistler_Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Every since this virus every company has been raising their price out of greed and because they can.
Would you say that "every company's" costs to manufacture and ship their products have not increased at all throughout the virus and they raise prices just because of greed to gouge the consumer?

Or have you given any consideration to the facts that their costs have risen dramatically on parts, labor, safety protocols in manufacturing, shipping, etc. because of the virus as well?

edmk3000

Guess I missed the four year old price by 2 1/2 days.

It’s true that most companies will not offer a previous price after it goes up. (But if you complain to the cable company, they’ll give you a month of free Showtime) ;)

I was hoping that since the amount was low, it was just a day or two, and they’d be getting a guaranteed sale, they’d be willing to charge the price it had been for the last four years.

The dumb luck thing is that the scanner arrived on the same Monday the price change went into effect.

Now I’ve got to find another $10.

CycleSycho

:) I get an 18 pack for 7 bucks (M. Best Ice), after the second, you can't tell by the taste (what your drinking) any more. About the price of the upgrade, if you want it, you'll buy it. JMO. :)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Just cause those McCheeseburgers will go from a dollar to six dollars, and the Big Mac will cost you over ten dollars by itself? Or the 99 cent chip that makes sounds much better in scanners will now cost 5 bucks? Ohh stop whining, this is what we all wanted is it not? LOL anyway. Fact of life: Taxes, and prices WILL ALWAYS GO UP..... Once in a lifetime they will go down. Usually not YOUR lifetime.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Fact of life: Taxes, and prices WILL ALWAYS GO UP.....

Ya forgot about inflation....and how the value of the almighty dollar keeps shrinking. All according to plan.

Beans, bullets & band-aids folks!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Maybe no one else has seen the cost of gas go up by at a least a dollar in their area, and grocery prices usually go up in small amounts, but there have been plenty of increases in the last few weeks. I saw an article that fast food at one well known chain has gone up over 6% in the last year.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
What gets me is the price manipulation / gouging (maybe it's supply & demand, but I think not). One week a TRX-1 is $399 and the next it's $545 (Today's price @ Walmart price & Amazon is no better). Online shopping has made prices so unpredictable so an item in such a niche market as scanners. The pricing algorithms are against us. Pretty hard to get a decent deal now days. Anyone try to buy any ammo lately??

I'm just happy I got my stimulus check 'cause the TRX-100 will be out soon ;)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
What gets me is the price manipulation / gouging (maybe it's supply & demand, but I think not). One week a TRX-1 is $399 and the next it's $545 (Today's price @ Walmart price & Amazon is no better). Online shopping has made prices so unpredictable so an item in such a niche market as scanners. The pricing algorithms are against us. Pretty hard to get a decent deal now days. Anyone try to buy any ammo lately??

I'm just happy I got my stimulus check 'cause the TRX-100 will be out soon ;)
LOL good one. TRX-100... LOL LOL LOL.... Really funny. That ship got torpedoed with a Nuclear Torp as it was in drydock. Right before Wendy Quit. (Also if you have a brain... POLICE YOUR BRASS, reload, reload, reload.... Save a butt ton on ammo by reloading!)

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
LOL good one. TRX-100... LOL LOL LOL.... Really funny. That ship got torpedoed with a Nuclear Torp as it was in drydock. Right before Wendy Quit. (Also if you have a brain... POLICE YOUR BRASS, reload, reload, reload.... Save a butt ton on ammo by reloading!)

One can have hope can’t we??

Keeping ya brass is good, but powder & primers are as scarce as loaded ammo.
All the ammo I bought the past few years is now worth almost 3x what I paid.....folks that laughed at me for buying it all are now asking me to sell some to them.....LOL

And now back to our ramblings about scanners....

Machria

Premium Subscriber
And lets not forget about the $500-$1000 for “reload equipment”. Forget that. Ammo will be 1/4 the price next year when it is over stocked and folks stop hoarding.

• Haha
Reactions: RRR

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Ammo will be 1/4 the price next year when it is over stocked and folks stop hoarding.

Seriously....have ya not been paying attention lately?

Take a look @ my signature line....more true now than ever before in history.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Seriously....have ya not been paying attention lately?

Take a look @ my signature line....more true now than ever before in history.

I'm not even sure what the hell that means.... BUT, remember about 4 years ago, .22 cartridges were OUT OF STOCK everywhere, for 6 months!! It was like "the end of the world", when it came into stock it was 4 or 5 times the price, and then.... it was over stocked, and it was 1/2 the orig price before stabilizing back to normal prices. Same thing will occur with the rest.... right now it's in the back in stock mostly, and rediculously high priced. A year or 2 from now it will be cheap again.

• Haha
Reactions: RRR

OpenCarrier

Would you say that "every company's" costs to manufacture and ship their products have not increased at all throughout the virus and they raise prices just because of greed to gouge the consumer?

Or have you given any consideration to the facts that their costs have risen dramatically on parts, labor, safety protocols in manufacturing, shipping, etc. because of the virus as well?
What's bad is there are some things they WON'T LET you buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.