Whistler_Support

Swipesy

Don Starr had nothing to do with EZScan.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Here's what I want.....

Open up the SELECT ALL on the context menu to give ive us the ability to:
copy all 200 from software & paste to external spreadsheet
copy all 200 from external spreadsheet & paste into software

ez scanlist.jpgwin500 scanlist.jpg

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Don Starr had nothing to do with EZScan.

Sure looks & feels like his work...
Either way they could open up more functionality to make it easier to use.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Licensing agreement with Radio reference is why the "COPY" function can't be used.
Nothing in the Scanlist section is imported from the RR DB library. You edit those alpha tags to suit your own set up.

I can copy & paste to and from there - just one line at a time......I want the ability to paste all 200 scanlist alpha tags would be a great time saver.

I completely understand if you import from the RR DB library they don't want it copied. Not wanting to copy from there as I don't use the RR DB library import. I import from my own spreadsheets.

N1GAW

Premium Subscriber
Licensing agreement with Radio reference is why the "COPY" function can't be used.
First as @bubbaearle said, he is not talking about the database, he is talking about scanlist names under the General Configuration menu/tab.
Secondly, import/export does work from frequency lists, talkgroups. and RIDs as long as you have entered it and it didn't come from the database import.

That said, this feature is currently not available and discussing it won't help. Perhaps @Whistler_Support will see this or someone will send them an email to suggest it in future EZ Scan updates.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What I posted is what Don said.
#1 He could not make software for new scanners.
#2 Don was the one that explained firmware that locked out DMR.
#3 Then Don was not allowed to discuss disclose any info from the way it was implied.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
First as @bubbaearle said, he is not talking about the database, he is talking about scanlist names under the General Configuration menu/tab.
Secondly, import/export does work from frequency lists, talkgroups. and RIDs as long as you have entered it and it didn't come from the database import.

That said, this feature is currently not available and discussing it won't help. Perhaps @Whistler_Support will see this or someone will send them an email to suggest it in future EZ Scan updates.

I did send them an e-mail and got this in reply:

Thank you for the clarification, I will pass this along to the SW engineer for the pc application should this be something that can be worked into the next update but I cannot make any promises as while this may seem like a simple task, each field reports to other fields on other tabs and must update each independent location tied to the scanlist control settings. This may or may not include Enabled and Default selections

Thank you for your suggestion

Whistler

Hopefully they will look into opening up this feature and include it in a future update.

CycleSycho

Thank you for the clarification, I will pass this along to the SW engineer for the pc application should this be something that can be worked into the next update but I cannot make any promises as while this may seem like a simple task, each field reports to other fields on other tabs and must update each independent location tied to the scanlist control settings. This may or may not include Enabled and Default selections

Whistler

Hopefully they will look into opening up this feature and include it in a future update.

:) I for one also hope they are listening..... :)

jhsands

Feed Provider

Whistler

That's called a relational database. Welcome to 1969.