Why hasn't Broadcastify monopolized on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Video streaming! It seems these live scanner video streams are growing in popularity. And look, the broadcaster provides all the technical data such as text tags. I know, it uses more bandwidth than Icecast but heck, look at the final product. This could be the next cutting edge opportunity for Radio Reference/Broadcastify.

*LIVE* Scanner Florida Pinellas County Police, Fire, and EMS and Pasco Dispatch Fire
Emergency Scanner: Treasure Valley

Why should YouTube and Twitch control this form of Media? Surely Broadcastify could fine tune and polish this into the next streaming scanner standard!

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I tried to do it on YouTube recently, I used ProScan with a BCD536HP using OBS as the capture client. It was easy to set up but I don't have the bandwidth to support it. Twitch and YT recommend 10 MBPS which I'm sure broadcastify could re-engineer down. I mean this could be the nexgen in scanner streaming.

prcguy

I tried to do it on YouTube recently, I used ProScan with a BCD536HP using OBS as the capture client. It was easy to set up but I don't have the bandwidth to support it. Twitch and YT recommend 10 MBPS which I'm sure broadcastify could re-engineer down. I mean this could be the nexgen in scanner streaming.
DirecTV will deliver HD video with stereo audio and subtitles at much less BW than that.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Video streaming! It seems these live scanner video streams are growing in popularity. And look, the broadcaster provides all the technical data such as text tags. I know, it uses more bandwidth than Icecast but heck, look at the final product. This could be the next cutting edge opportunity for Radio Reference/Broadcastify.

*LIVE* Scanner Florida Pinellas County Police, Fire, and EMS and Pasco Dispatch Fire

Why should YouTube and Twitch control this form of Media? Surely Broadcastify could fine tune and polish this into the next streaming scanner standard!
Nothing new to see here. Stream using windows media encoder years back. I Did it Scan Boston Did it as well and a few others. Way before YouTube and Twitch

Bob1955

riverradio68-This is AWESOME.
Happy Easter Sunday.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
You'll likely find your answer by examining the number of "viewers" for a video scanner stream that doesn't include human elements like commentary from a host or a driver responding to calls.
That's true, there aren't a lot of them. I have an Azuracast stream and its cheap, uses very little data and does what I want it to do. Video streaming would require a lot more attention and internet. But the payoff is a nicer looking stream IMO. If broadcastify Video were a thing I bet it would do well to a group of people who would rather stare at video than listen to audio. Look at the advantages of the Text tags, It's essentially ProScan or Scanner Control (Whistler) which is a heck of a lot easier than streaming text tags on icecast that never properly sync.

It was just a thought, and I thought we could post those ideas here without ridicule, guess I was wrong on both accounts. Well Back to the Texas forums then.

Enforcer52

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is it still grammar when you mess up a unit of measurement? Mega bits vs Mega Bytes.

wHat PeoPLe'S rEspOnsEs tO beIng coRRecTeD sHow abOUT theIr eGOs
Now days with email, texts, computer forums, Facebook, etc. there is no grammar any more. Hardly anyone under 30 can spell and can't write in cursive....I just laugh at it and go on, no use trying to correct someone.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Doctor: Give that patient 3 mils of Fentanyl.
Nurse: Doctor, don't you mean 3 mics?
Doctor: Whatever, it's good enough. Nobody cares, it's no use trying. Did you get my Baofeng ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.