Wi-Fi scanner interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

85chevy4x4

Has anyone else ever gotten interference on their scanners from a wireless Wi-Fi router? It seems when ever I have my Pro-97 or BC760XLT within a few feet of the router when there sitting on the desk, they both stop on the same VHF-Hi channels and all you hear is a bunch of static. Just wondering if this actually whats causing it or if it could be something else.

I've noticed a similar thing when I walk past my wireless router with my VHF-hi pager on the "open" channel. It'll come on with static, so it's not just you

can't help with what excatly causes it tho...

majoco

Stirrer
I get a lot of noise from unscreened Cat5 cables which connect the two desktops to the WiFi router which starts in the AM brodcast band and goes up past the VHF aircraft band, even when they're just idling. Still looking for screened cables.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
I had trouble before with my laptop wi-fi intermittently cutting off, it drove me crazy for a couple of weeks, I kept resetting the router, the modem, even bought a new router, finally realized this only happened when the bct8 scanner was on, it pretty much sat between my laptop and router, after moving the scanner, it never happened again!

brandon

Database Admin
Most likely coming from Cat5 UTP cables. VHF-Lo and parts of HF were unusable for me until I switched out with Cat6 STP (shielded). Once doing that the problem completely went away. I purchased my Cat6 STP from Monoprice they are very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.