Will Co P25 new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Now on Will Co P25 system using TG20001 East Patrol

Thank you for the good work on keeping us up to date on this system. I'm out that way now and then so I bring my 436 with me and have been updating talk groups as you contribute them. I just deleted the EDACS system now, running the new P25 and Starcom system under my Will County tag.

I looked up their web site and they have a patrol assignment map on there. Here's the link: https://www.willcosheriff.org/enforce/patrol

Maybe this will help with confirming talk groups?

Last edited:

AC9BX

It is quite a mess. But I guess we'll have to expect it with the requirements to consolidate dispatches.

All the former Lincolnway dispatch towns are now talking to "dispatch" instead of "Lincolnway".

Last edited:

AC9BX

I'm thinking perhaps the use of phase 2 was more for evaluation than for regular operation for now. I looked at each frequency in use yesterday for about an hour and didn't see any phase 2. Back when we were hearing "testing 1 2 3" more often I noted a fair amount in phase 2.

nick223

Feed Provider
East Group (All of EastCom due to their use of the Starcom radio network)
B1- Beecher PD
C5- Crete PD
M4- Monee PD
P1- Peotone PD
S2- Steger PD
S3- South Chicago Heights PD
U1- University PD

Central Group
F1-Frankfort PD
M1- Manhattan PD
M3- Mokena PD
N2- New Lenox PD
W1- Homer Glen, Sheriff

South Group
B3- Braidwood PD
W1-Central Units, Sheriff
W1-Lincolnway Units, Sheriff
W1- East Units, Sheriff
W1- South Units, Sheriff
W2- Will Co Forest Preserve

North Group
R2 Romeoville PD
W1- North Units, Sheriff
R1- Rockdale PD
W1-Civil Process, Sheriff
W1 ADF Transports
W1- Fugitive Warrants, Sheriff

Fire Groups
East Group
33- Steger
34- Steger Estates
35- South Chicago Heights
51- University Park
52- Crete
53- Beecher
54- Crete Township
55- Monee
56- Peotone

West Group
05- East Joliet
07- Frankfort
12- Manhattan
16-New Lenox
21- Romeoville
66- Mokena

Attachments

• P25 Will Co map.jpg
    P25 Will Co map.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank You that's fantastic, however you got that I printed it ....There audio on the system really varies must need tuning up yet...With Romeoville tqking up most of North Group on TG20003 I don't know how County is going to fit in, what if the TG is busy are they pushed to another TG??...

kc9tgi

Any recommendations for a digital scanner that won't break the bank to listen to this new radio system. Use to listen on the old system. Wonder if they will simulcast it to old 155.670 frequency like they did with the old edacs system

AC9BX

Thank You that's fantastic, however you got that I printed it ....There audio on the system really varies must need tuning up yet...With Romeoville tqking up most of North Group on TG20003 I don't know how County is going to fit in, what if the TG is busy are they pushed to another TG??...

For what it's worth I heard a Romeoville unit calling dispatch twice on another group, 15001 if I recall, I'll have to go through recordings. They didn't answer, wrong channel? Not listening? And if Romeoville has that group it makes me think other departments have their own private channels, car to car, neighboring towns for mutual aid, etc.

County dispatch was busy before. I haven't been listening to everything to map out what/who is where, mostly I'm doing wildcard listening plus monitoring my usual stuff. Heading out for a few hours today, think I'll let unitrunker run and collect stuff again, see if more groups show up.

I have a Whistler 1095. The only thing I'm picking up is some fire calls; Romeoville calls, JJC, and ADF. I did get one from Peotone. So far nothing from the new central group. Is there something I need to be doing?

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
OK, I just got my answer to the RS/GRE problem from a contributor on Radio Shack forum, if you monitor this new system with a GRE/RS digital scanner it t must be set to "P25 Manual" not P25 Auto....
OK, so I programmed this system into my PSR-500 and I'm unsure if I got it right. Could you or anyone else confirm the following?

System Type: P25 MANUAL

NFM: Yes

System Frequencies: 854.3375, 855.0375, 855.6625, 856.0875, 856.3875, 857.3875, 859.0125, and 859.4125 (copied from the FCC license)

Trunking Tables: Default

Multi-Site Mode: Off

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Looks OK to me should copy them fine....They have been having some drop-outs, calling cars that don't answer and I notice when this happens the CC goes from 5 bars on the signal to 2 bars and back to 5.....I live very near one tower on west side of Joliet so the signal is no problem....Have a lot of tuning up to do yet....I have only heard the FPRSE PD once and have not heard the EMA at all....Some audio is crap and others are loud....My Opinion, should have gone to "Starcom", it sounds great here....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
They have been having some drop-outs, calling cars that don't answer and I notice when this happens the CC goes from 5 bars on the signal to 2 bars and back to 5. Have a lot of tuning up to do yet.Some audio is crap and others are loud....My Opinion, should have gone to "Starcom", it sounds great here....

This sounds similar to the issues they're experiencing with the Midway new P2/800 Mhz. system. I don't know if they're still running a "patch" from the old trunking system to the new, but that is one of the issues they have on Midway's new trunking system. The second is the consoles might by Harris, which combined with "patching" has intermittent issues. If you haven't already tried this, turn your Volume Offset to +3 which helps out here. I also use an external speaker at home.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, some are loud some soft on audio, the patches have been shut down now nothing on the EDACS at all....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Will co

Will Co changed the CC to 854.3375 which is not listed in the database, maybe Cuban can help to add it TY

Status
Not open for further replies.